So I bought this beautiful Schecter C-1 Plus. It was one of the best guitar I've ever played. I ended up returning for a refund.

Why, 'cause it wasn't a Stratocaster or even a strat-clone. What I absolutely love about the strat is how durable it is and even if something breaks, I'm sure to be able to find a replacement. There's no shortage of strat necks, bodiess, tuners and whatnot around.

With the C-1+, well it was beautiful and played beautifully but if something like the neck breaks, I cant' do anything about it short of finding a very good luthier and spending big $$

What do you guys think? Am I forever stuck with owning strats all my life? I sure do miss the C+ but now I have around $500 guitar money to shop around. Maybe one of those 60th anniversary strats...
simple solution: don't do anything dumb to the schecter

and there's always the warranty
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

60th aniversary strats blow BIG. its a standard but $200 more because it says "60th aniversary". Look it up online if you dont believe me. Fender is great. get the schecter if you like it, just get an extended warranty when you buy it again...
you could just punch yourself for getting a refund on a c-1 plus because you have an obsession with strats.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
seriously replacement parts are for dumbasses who cant treat there guitar right. i have a c-1+ also and i love it. i dont care if i cant buy replacement parts because ill be carefull with it and thats would u should do with something u spend $500 on. and btw wut are u doing to ur guitar that u need replacment parts for anyway? smashing it on the ground or something? lol
Quote by SpIkE27Z

yeah if your such a guitar rapist you worried about breakin necks that bad you should actually stop playing all together you ****tard
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
nah, im a strat fan so id recommend getting a strat. Classic look that will never go out of fasion and a sound that will last forever. Either that or a telecaster. I came VERY close to getting a schecter, but I just couldnt feel excited nor confident in a guitar that just didnt suit who I am. Go with your gut and do what ya gotta do.

also, go easy on him man, hes just asking for some ****in advice. you dont have any, dont ****ing post.
Quote by SpIkE27Z

It's not simply the repair, it's the customizability. I currently have two pickguards, one with humbuckers and another with single-coils that I can just switch at will. The finish on the C-1 was so beautiful I couldn't dream of drilling holes in it just to add, say three on-off nipple switches to replace the 3-way switch for an maximum number of pickup selections.

And there's something about a fender that's undying and infinitely versatile, like it's going to be with you forever. Exactly like Heartinacage said.

Now I'm not here to argue about which is the best (well, kinda), I'm just bringing a subject up that I thought was interesting. Stupid people please disregard
Last edited by neyz at Jun 25, 2006,
Quote by JET116
60th aniversary strats blow BIG. its a standard but $200 more because it says "60th aniversary". Look it up online if you dont believe me. Fender is great. get the schecter if you like it, just get an extended warranty when you buy it again...

Yeah but it's...Satin silver finish... hah but I think you're right.
Quote by neyz
It's not simply the repair, it's the customizability. I currently have two pickguards, one with humbuckers and another with single-coils that I can just switch at will. The finish on the C-1 was so beautiful I couldn't dream of drilling holes in it just to add, say three on-off nipple switches to replace the 3-way switch for an maximum number of pickup selections.

And there's something about a fender that's undying and infinitely versatile, like it's going to be with you forever. Exactly like Heartinacage said.

Now I'm not here to argue about which is the best (well, kinda), I'm just bringing a subject up that I thought was interesting. Stupid people please disregard

im sorry but i thought there was such thing as coil tapping, i guess im just before my time
Quote by Arlabester
Quote by JET116

Wow
how ignorant

it's only $100 more, has tex-mex pickups and a couple other things
^your right but i have heard alot of bad stuff about them.
Quote by Arlabester
every man and his left testicle has a strat.....
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^^ well said Joel.
Thats why I have a schector C1+

And because of the much more comfortable neck, Nicer high frets, Sweet sustain, beautifull finish, Nice rosewood neck, Incredible inlays, reliability, originality. And frankly A much better deal.

So.
Schector
Duncan designs,
Flame maple and rosewood.
High well done frets
gorgeous inlays
versatility with coil tapping
Originality

Fender
Low, possibly well done frets.
Big neck joint with bolts in it...ew..
lame ass paint job
No humbuckers.
Maple and Alder or Maple and ash
Plain dot inlays
you have the same guitar every 10 year old wants to play, and every other guitarist has a variation of.
But its a fender...

(rolling my eyes)
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Mmmm Fender. Mmmm Schector. it's like giving a ten year old the choice between a apple and a bag of lollies. sure the apple may be better for you in the long term, but goddamn you gotta love lollies. And the obvious fact that Fenders are a touch overrated.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by joel_grieve
every man and his left testicle has a strat.....

Actually, you're right. That's may be the biggest reason I would not buy a strat (and bought the C-1+)

Also, I work my own frets. I think that's what you're paying for when you buy American vs Mex, better/more time spent on workmanship.
Quote by Air Guitarist!
^your right but i have heard alot of bad stuff about them.

Well stop listening

try a few
some may be crap but there are definately great ones that are hardly distinguishable from an MIA

2006 brought a few good upgrades too
Quote by neyz
Actually, you're right. That's may be the biggest reason I would not buy a strat (and bought the C-1+)

Also, I work my own frets. I think that's what you're paying for when you buy American vs Mex, better/more time spent on workmanship.

Cmon people don't buy guitars based on the concept that too many people have them, like a pair of shoes or a hat style or something. Buy it for the exact opposite actually, since everyone has one it probably means it's a good guitar and your playing/sound will be better