When you do drop d tuning is it a half step or whole step.I usually just just leave it in stardard.
Quote by shredder13
drop c would be a whole step, drop d is 1/2 step...... common guys.....

What? Drop C would be TWO steps down. D would be one step. What are you smoking?
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Shredder......you need to think about things before you accuse others of stupidity.

Technically, Drop D is just tuning the low E to D (a whole step down)......Tuning to D would be all the strings a whole steup down.

Drop C (technically should be called Drop D, whole step down) is tuning to drop D, then taking all the strings a whole step down.
Quote by shredder13
What

when you tune to drop d, you drop the low e ONE WHOLE STEP DOWN. with the rest of the strings still in standard tuning.

when you tune to drop c, you tune the low e TWO WHOLE STEPS DOWN. and the other strings are standard down one whole step. (technically drop d down one whole step)

the same thing ibanez said. (stupid)
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
Last edited by AngelGC at Jun 25, 2006,
when i use an electronic tuner do i use 2 flats to tune to drop d?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Quote by davo_333
when i use an electronic tuner do i use 2 flats to tune to drop d?

if by flats you mean half steps. yes
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
Drop D is tuned one whole step down, 2 half steps down, 2 frets down. shredder is wrong.
Member # 2 of the Kiss Sucks and Has Too Much **** They Hock as Merchindise Club Pm DoTheEvolution to join.
Standard = EADGBe
Drop D = DADGBe

You're lowering the low E string one full step. This is not to be confused with D standard (DGCFAd), where every string is down a full step.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.