ok. i have a b.c. rich beast that has two b.c. rich open humbucker pickups on it. i was just wondering if i should upgrade them if at all possible. and if so, what should i replace them with? oh and if it helps...i play rythm for a heavy metal band. we play stuff like children of bodom, slipknot, etc.
Last edited by sfsknight07 at Jun 25, 2006,
No, it's made of Agathis, so it will sound crappy, even if you were to EMG's in it. I'd look for another guitar if I were you. I hear the Ibanez RG321 is good for the price, you should also look into Schecters.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Damien-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513103
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG321-Electric-Guitar-with-Planet-Waves-Accessory-Pack?sku=517948

Edit- I saw your rig and Fender doesn't make good metal amps try a cube
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30-1x10-30W-with-COSM-and-EFX-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=480023
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-60-Guitar-Amp?sku=480197
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Last edited by edwardthegreat5 at Jun 25, 2006,
Yes, you should upgrade your pickups. Unless it's a cheap B.C. Rich.

Do you like active pickups and do you have a budget?

If you don'y have a budget than look into a Bareknuckle Warpig for the Bridge and a Miracle Man for the Neck. If you do have a budget than EMGs are the next best thing. An 81 Bridge/ 60 Neck combo would also fit you great. If you have a budget and don't like active pickups, than a Dimarzio X2N Bridge/PAF-Pro combo would work as well. What amp are you playing through? EMGs and Bareknuckles really wouldn't shine as well if you were playing a crap amp like a Line 6 Spider or something. What kind of wood is your guitar made out of? What series is your guitar, if it's a bronze series it's not worth it. It all depends on what you prefer. Answer some of my questions and I can probably help you better.

Edit: Now that I know your guitar is made out of Agathis, I'd say don't waste your money. Go with what th eother guy said and look into Ibanez and Shecter guitars. They're great for the money and are much better than any B.C. Rich. If you do get a new guitar than check out everything I've said above.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Last edited by Chimaira at Jun 25, 2006,
ok. its a bronze series and i know its not that great. it IS agathis and i play through a 120 watt Crate amp (not sure of exact specs). i just dont have much money and kind of want to make the most out of it. plus its sweet looking lol. but ive been looking to get an epiphone les paul standard series. like i said, i really dont have much money. so would u just recommend buying the les paul or upgrade my beast?
ok thanks. reall helps. i was looking into ibanez alot too. ill probly get one of those. thanks again
Quote by sfsknight07
ok thanks. reall helps. i was looking into ibanez alot too. ill probly get one of those. thanks again

Your welcome.

You might also might wanna look into the Cubes, they are perfect for metal and the 30 can be heard over drums.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Your welcome.

You might also might wanna look into the Cubes, they are perfect for metal and the 30 can be heard over drums.

Seconded, but if you can, get the 60 watt version instead. It's got more effects.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
lol. well i would. but then i would have to play with my fender. which with my metal pedal has alot of fuzz. which therefore means i would have to spend MORE money to stop the fuzz until i got a new guitar or bought somethin to stop it. so i think ill keep the bc rich....for now
Is this true... a guy that prefers a B.C. Rich to a fender?

The fuzz its probably from faulty grounding. Just check ur grounds you should be set.

Btw, if you prefer your B.C. Rich and dont play your Fender, Ill be more than happy to take it off your hands for a handsome price of ... *checks wallet* ... $17.66
Last edited by absinthe5765 at Jun 25, 2006,
Quote by absinthe5765
Is this true... a guy that prefers a B.C. Rich to a fender?

The fuzz its probably from faulty grounding. Just check ur grounds you should be set.

Btw, if you prefer your B.C. Rich and dont play your Fender, Ill be more than happy to take it off your hands for a handsome price of ... *checks wallet* ... $17.66

haha. i could sell it on ebay for much more lol. and hell...you have mroe money then i do. i have 2 dollars and like 75 cents saved up. and im 17 lmao. yea. im poor
Im 17 also, think about it youll feel so rich with ur $21.41 (i just found a dollar)

If its a nice fender, Ill even drive out there tomarrow to get it, its only a 7 hour drive.
Last edited by absinthe5765 at Jun 25, 2006,
Quote by absinthe5765
Im 17 also, think about it youll feel so rich with ur $21.41 (i just found a dollar)

If its a nice fender, Ill even drive out there tomarrow to get it, its only a 7 hour drive.

wooo!!!! $21.41!!!! i could go out and buy me a nice honey baked ham with that. tasty
lmao. sounds like a GRAND deal. haha no. i still use it. lol. but damn. not only 1 but TWO honey baked hams? it sounds like a good enough deal that im going to have to use my brain for once to think this out
hey now!!!! your right. i dont use it much. but i got the bc rich as a birthday present so....yea lol
yea lol. some bc rich guitars are good. but i dont like mine. but it is sweet looking. i just need better sound out of it. and since i really cant get it from this, then i might as well just buy a whole new guitar
Lol, absinthe man becuz we buds, ill throw in 2 bux for you to buy his fender from him...i got its rite here...

taken on my laptops screen of this page...LOL

EDIT: when you do buy ur new guitar, i wanna buy ur rich off you...

so i can smash it... really ill buy it from you no joke just for that...
Quote by Schecter-06
Lol, absinthe man becuz we buds, ill throw in 2 bux for you to buy his fender from him...i got its rite here...

taken on my laptops screen of this page...LOL

lmao. kick ass dude. thats like....3 honey baked hams now!!!!
i wont give it up lol. its still awesome looking. i admit, it doesnt sound good. but it look awesome. when i get a new guitar ill keep the rich just for looks lol