I want to get this guitar and ive heard that changing the pickups is a like an essential so what pickups should i change? i play mostly offspring punk rock and rock if that helps with changing the pickups.
Well, changing the pickups isn't REALLY necessairy, their not high quality pickups but they are OK for stock pickups. I'd change them with dimarzio's but that's just Personal preference.
Well i havent really delt with alot of Pickups in my time what type of Dimarzio's should i get?
dunno. PAF Pros.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Get Steve Vai's Breed pickups. Avoid getting Evos because the Evos are made for the JEM7WH which is alder, the RG1570 is a basswood guitar so use the Breed H-S-H set as Vai uses in his new Bad Horsie mirror guitar which is also Basswood. It'll serve your purpose for punk rock, but will also give you the versatility need for other types such as metal or even blues.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Hell, if you are going to switch out pickups, why not get something like a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR? IMO the look is 100X better, it will probably play just as good or better, a great trem since its OFR, and you don't need a pickup swap since it has EMGs. Oh and its only about 50 bucks more.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by SGStrummer61
Hell, if you are going to switch out pickups, why not get something like a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR? IMO the look is 100X better, it will probably play just as good or better, a great trem since its OFR, and you don't need a pickup swap since it has EMGs. Oh and its only about 50 bucks more.

No.

The bad advice in this thread doesn't stop. This should have been asked in the first post, what amp do you have? And what kind of music do you play? Also, what's your budget.
Quote by codybcool
No.

The bad advice in this thread doesn't stop. This should have been asked in the first post, what amp do you have? And what kind of music do you play? Also, what's your budget.

well ive asked two of those questions
No i didn't have access to the internet for over a month then couldn't be arsed to post anymore because i had so much stuff to do, what with GCSE's among other things.
^ x2

but if your gonna get a punk check out the fender american deluxe hss strat, if not get paf pro and tone zone pickups for you shiny ibanez
Quote by redaxe
Get Steve Vai's Breed pickups. Avoid getting Evos because the Evos are made for the JEM7WH which is alder, the RG1570 is a basswood guitar so use the Breed H-S-H set as Vai uses in his new Bad Horsie mirror guitar which is also Basswood. It'll serve your purpose for punk rock, but will also give you the versatility need for other types such as metal or even blues.

dude why in high heaven would a punk rocker want to sound like steve vai?!?!? threadstarter, look at my post above, it is the perfect punk DM combo

EDIT: Gee i dunno, for a guitar with attitude check out B.C. Riches? btw-they may look metal but the dont sound more metal, anyway, yah if you decide to get a b.c. rich still swap the pu's with tone zones and PAF pros, hope that helps
Last edited by Arlabester at Jun 25, 2006,
yeah imagine sex pistols playing on an ibanez. or something. ew.
get some old guitar smash it up to peaces and then fix it. so that it lookes totally ****ed. then draw **** on the body.

seriously something that looks cool, and sounds good, the fast neck on the rg will be wasted if you play punk, if you do need the fast neck while playing punk youre either incredibly slow or you dont play punk. and i dont mean YOU, but in general
Quote by Arlabester
dude why in high heaven would a punk rocker want to sound like steve vai?!?!? threadstarter, look at my post above, it is the perfect punk DM combo

EDIT: Gee i dunno, for a guitar with attitude check out B.C. Riches? btw-they may look metal but the dont sound more metal, anyway, yah if you decide to get a b.c. rich still swap the pu's with tone zones and PAF pros, hope that helps

thats virtually the worst advice you can give him.
Do Not buy a Bc Rich...

Also, I am not the biggest fan of any Ibanez made of basswood,
I second the option of going with a Schecter Hellraiser FR...
That is, if your amp is up to par.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
lol, i dont like bc riches, just givin him sonetin to look at, your prolly gonna snap at me, but try some jacksons, again put on the dm combo i mentioned above
Jackson's are great as well, but they would be more expensive...
Maybe he could check out a Dinky or a Rhoads...
Those are great guitars.
Or maybe, he could get enough for a SL3 which would be one hell of a guitar...
The HSS config would suit his punk rock needs perfectly
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Striketalonx
Jackson's are great as well, but they would be more expensive...
Maybe he could check out a Dinky or a Rhoads...
Those are great guitars.
Or maybe, he could get enough for a SL3 which would be one hell of a guitar...
The HSS config would suit his punk rock needs perfectly

hahaha! i toldja! the HSS strat!
Quote by Arlabester
lol, i dont like bc riches, just givin him sonetin to look at, your prolly gonna snap at me, but try some jacksons, again put on the dm combo i mentioned above

Well, gee, you want him to get a guitar for punk, yet you reccomend a super metal brand, jackson , which is more metal than ibanez, and bc rich, which is a POS has been brand metal brand.

I salute you.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by ClassicAxe
Well, gee, you want him to get a guitar for punk, yet you reccomend a super metal brand, jackson , which is more metal than ibanez, and bc rich, which is a POS has been brand metal brand.

I salute you.

you people are never satisifed, jackson=not metal, (or at least only metal) i've played demoliton lovers (a classic rock song by MCR ) on a jackson and it sounded fine to me, than i played thank you for the venom, and then i played a random metal riff. they all sounded fine to me, as for the bc riches, im not to fond of them, just giving him an idea...
Quote by Arlabester
you know what **** this, just get a plain top epi les paul!!!!!!!!!!!! there i said it

seconded

**** ibanez. great guitars but not for punk, please
^omg
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by azn_guitarist25
idk why but why didnt any suggest the noodles sig ibanez

lol i was gonna say that noodles uses ibanez when people were ragging on the ibanezez