i have a question.

I am considering getting a bigsby tailpiece on my epi les paul custom. I just wanna know what type of whammy it has on there? I mean i dont know much about whammys or tremolos or whatever.
Question is does the whammy on a bigsby tailpiece work suitable to divebombs etc, or does it just work like bending a note?
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
a bigsby is not used for divebombs you want a floyd rose or similar for that, a bigsby is for surf style and rockabily type stuff
Fear my squirrelly wrath!

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
so a bigsby does the same as bending a string or something different even?
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by Mistle
so a bigsby does the same as bending a string or something different even?

Sort of. they allow you to "Bend" down or up (up with your fingers), much like a sax or trumpet player can do. It loosens the tension on the string which is like drop tuning for just a moment. You can also ad vibrato from a lower tone (Like if you were playing E, it would be like doing a vibrato down to d). If that makes any sense.

(Sorry if you already knew this, but this seemed like an answer to what you were asking)
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Last edited by poochy at Jun 25, 2006,
Yeah thats what i was asking. Thanks for the info.