Ive been looking to upgrade my amp, and have decided on either the marshall MG30DFX or MG50DFX. Reading up on these two, ive heard some pretty mixed thigns about em, particularly the MG30. I was keen on this one, cause i didnt want to blow my room apart with the sound of a 50, and plus it was a good $200 bucks cheaper than the later. So yeah. If you guys own one, or know of anyone that owns either of these amps, just, well, leave some comments about em, you know good and bad. If you think their terrible, any alternatives are good. THanks

Alex
I think nearly everyone's gona say don't get the MG. Horrible little amp.

Get a Cube or something.
My gear:

Gibson Gothic Flying V
Engl Screamer Combo
Maxon OD-9
Squier 10w amp
Get a cube, MG's are ****
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Hmmm.. uhh dont get a cube cuz there **** house, altho MG 30's aernt fantastic, the MG100's are much better, all depends on what you like, just go and check them out, and find the sound for u
yeah, well, the other option was a laney, but i dont really know where to start with them so. I dont want something too powerful, cause it would jsut be a waste. I run it through a epi lp classic plus and a zoom g2.1u and play most things as long as its distorted in some way. No blues or jazz for me :P
Cube 30 or Cube 60. You'll be much happier with your purchase, MG's are basiclly the worst when it comes to Marshall. They are Solid States, meaning they will begin to sound like crap when you reach mid volume. The cube is also a SS, but it is a much better one, especially for metal and whatnot and cheaper as well.

Besides, if the cubes or other amps are too loud for you, there is such a thing as turning the volume down and headphones.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Last edited by edwardthegreat5 at Jun 25, 2006,
Quote by Slash_Rulz
Hmmm.. uhh dont get a cube cuz there **** house, altho MG 30's aernt fantastic, the MG100's are much better,

You should have a good career in comedy.

HAHAHAHA Cubes arent good....HAHAHAHAHA
Try a Roland Cube 30, compare it to an MG, and then make your mind up, don't base your decision on reviews.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I agree, but I'll still mention that I played an MG and hated it more than Michael Moore hates dieting.
^ Omg
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Go with the cube or anything else. just don't get anything in the MG or AVT series. All that they are are just pieces of scrap metal with the word marshall on them.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
Quote by Danno13
I agree, but I'll still mention that I played an MG and hated it more than Michael Moore hates dieting.

Or bathing, or shaving, or being NOT gay...etc.
I'm not a big fan of the MG series, however I'm baised because I had one and it broke on me, the only Marshall amps I like are the JCM 800 head and the cab's. If you want a smaller amp with a lot of bang for your buck I'd recommend the Vox AD series.
Ya MG AVT MF are all crap. basically all other marshall amp besides those are decent. But i would go with a Marshall 800 900 2000 or the JMP-1 preamp
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join