i really want to know, what's best if i want to record some songs of my own.
what is better, do it with the line out or just putting a mic infront of the amp?
and where do i put in the line out if i want to record to a computer? is there any cable in between that can make it fit that way?

Cheers
You can record through the line out. Just use a mini jack converter. It records left. Just change it to mono in your recording program.
::::Soul Prospect::::
♪♫♫♫♪
Last edited by Reverb X at Jun 25, 2006,
get and interface, U can plug the mic into the interface and put the mic infront of the amp and then plug the interface into the Comp via usb this way u avoid the comps sound card and get better quality.
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
it really depends on how well the components are for each way of doing it. recording with a decent mic and a good soundcard/interface will give you very nice results. but if you use a bad mic going straight to the mic in on your computer using some adapters, you wont have good quality.

for the line out method, using an adapter is not the way to go. you can buy a cable that has one male 1/4" end (guitar size) and the other end is 1/8" male (headphone size). using that to run from the line out to your line in on the computer sounds cleaner than using a guitar cable then an adapter. doing things line in also means that you are going to have to use different EQ and effects on the recording.

basicly, both can sound decent, but if you have the money to get good quality gear, micing your amp will get you a much better sound (especially if you have a good amp).
You also might want to consider how much you'll be using your effects. If you want it to sound exactly the way it comes out of the amp, then mic'ing it is the way to go.

Until recently, I would go straight into my computer with the guitar sounding clean, and add the effects after the fact using Cubase. That was mainly due to not having good up-front equipment for the sound I wanted. I found I had a lot more versatility with computerized effects when the guitar was cleanly recorded.

The downside to that, is not having the effects going when I was playing made it hard to feel the emotion while playing... ie playing it cleanly doesn't give me the feeling of power when holding a sustained overdriven power chord.
All that lives is born to die. - page/plant
Quote by ENDORSE
listen to this for home recording, with a little help from fruity loops

Listen to wat?
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join