Page 1 of 2
ok it seems like a lot of people love or have or love and have a musicman stingray and i just cant get enough of them i love them soooooo much. so post pics of ur stingray. ill be doon it as soon as i can.
Quote by ozzyisagenious
ok it seems like a lot of people love or have or love and have a musicman stingray and i just cant get enough of them i love them soooooo much. so post pics of ur stingray. ill be doon it as soon as i can.

Haha, getting mine within the next week, hold your horses!
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Actually, I think only two or three people here actually have Stingrays.

Here's the only picture I could find with me playing my "Stingray 5." This was taken at Kuntreefest 05. This is probably the only picture in existance of me playing with a pick! You saw it here first, folks. Also note that I'm actually wearing a t-shirt from the band I'm currently in now.....isn't that wild?

Last edited by Bumper at Jun 25, 2006,

yea!!!!!!!!
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
Well, as a proud owner...

and this one...

and this one...

and this one...

and this one...

Sorry for that, but I have a lot of pictures. None of them do my beautiful bass justice though.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Yertle

Sorry for that, but I have a lot of pictures. None of them do my beautiful bass justice though.

*drool*
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
don't have one but those are really looking great. i think i'll be getting one sometime in the far future though.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
christ, I'm going to have to add a "No stupid picture threads" rule to the rules right after the no stupid video threads rule because this is just getting out of hand and stupid. Do you like my bass? Do you like stingrays? Do you have googleimages!? Well let's combine them!

Last image thread. Believe you me.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
dude let people have fun ur such a buzzkill always killin off their threads....geeze ur like my mom r somethin
So what if there are picture threads? - If people found them irritating they would not reply. Some people clearly are interested in this so it's obviously not as 'stupid' as you think.

Just chill! It's the internet.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
It'd be easier for you to explain what threads are allowed - it's getting stupid with over-moderation IMO
If you are gonna cut out picture threads, cut out "i need a beginner bass" threads as well and make a sticky wiht seggustions. They are much more annoying and less pleasurable to all.

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

Or how about you just find a new mod who makes consistent decisions, isn't a hypocrite and doesn't patronise people for not being up to scratch with what pedal a famous bassist uses live. Sounds good to me.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
yeah, dude Dan just lighten up man its the internet and its a forum, its about askin questions having them answered, havin some fun, showing off some pics maybe or some VIDEOS maybe....why cant you just let people mess around n have fun its not like were in school r somethin. and whats with the no posting videos rule????
If theres one person who NEEDS to be a "prick" about things, its the MOD.

i, for one, get REALLY annoyed over threads that have no point, or get made 2+ times a day.

i agree with the videos. he made it clear and simple, if its JUST to show the video, dont bother, if you show the video and have a question about a technique or a tone or model of bass, etc., than its fine, because then the thread has a point.

if he let random vid threads to come up, it would be:

Wooten- amazing grace
Les Claypool - master of puppets
Stu Hamm - bass solo (a compilation)

lather rinse repeat. ive seen atleast 8 threads on the Wooten video alone. its not just me and/or dan who put up with all these people who come into the bass forum and randomly make threads with no point that clog up the forums.

(ps, i have your avatar on my strap, ozzy)
yea, lighten up on our dear moderator. remember, he was once one of us. and you have to understand what he's doing in order to not be frustrated by it. go to talkbass.com, look at the nice, friendly, mature responses people post there, and you'll understand why that he's just trying to make it a nice environment. not saying he isnt sometimes a jerk, but hey, we have to have an authority to not like it, and im happier not liking dan than any other mod
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by crazypeanutman
yea, lighten up on our dear moderator. remember, he was once one of us. and you have to understand what he's doing in order to not be frustrated by it. go to talkbass.com, look at the nice, friendly, mature responses people post there, and you'll understand why that he's just trying to make it a nice environment. not saying he isnt sometimes a jerk, but hey, we have to have an authority to not like it, and im happier not liking dan than any other mod

MAN, if we were as mature as talkbass..

i shall not finish my thought! for such a thought should be kept to dreams, for one must have been if one had thought UG could be such a mature place! oh no! not with the Pit, the Electric Guitar forum, and the nu metallers!!! NEVER!!!!

alas, UG aint THAT bad
Quote by mangablade

alas, UG aint THAT bad

its not, but it would still be nice to be able to post, "look, i wanted to share my bass and get your opinnons on it" and not get "YOU SUCK AT LIFE" as a response.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
I don't think that Dan is doing anything wrong, but I wish he would be less selective and take out all the other repetitive threads like "what bass song should I learn" "beginner bass needed" etc. To me, those are worse than an excess of picture threads, as I enjoy seeing peoples equipment. I know he has a thing against stickies, but an FAQ would help quite a bit. Maybe an official show your bass sticky as well.

Quote by crazypeanutman

Quote by Yertle
Maybe an official show your bass sticky as well.

the thread is so big, its probably a good idea, then we can just use that as a reference point and not have to put up lots of picture threads. also, the new forum plan/dan's mod intro is sort of an FAQ.
Quote by Mr. T
problem is:

who ventures into the bass forum for the first time (any forum for that matter) and the first thing they do is READ THE FAQ?

i cant name one person lol.

(maybe thats cause i cant prove it one way or the other )
ok ok ok, i understand we need a mod n Dan can be a jerk sometimes but who cant be a jerk at one time or another, but still if there is a thread you dont wanna read about then dont click it, its as simple as that. begining bassists want info, they dont wanna throw their money away, so they come here and ask you all (mosre expeirienced players for help) personally i dont mind giving them what i think a good bass for them is, not that am any expert but i like to help. but you dont have to. anywho i still think they should leave the pic threads alone and they should allow videos and they should be less strict, i mean some guy got yelled at for double posting for god sakes. But thats just my oppions, its not like it will likely change anything.
Quote by Yertle
I don't think that Dan is doing anything wrong, but I wish he would be less selective and take out all the other repetitive threads like "what bass song should I learn" "beginner bass needed" etc. To me, those are worse than an excess of picture threads, as I enjoy seeing peoples equipment. I know he has a thing against stickies, but an FAQ would help quite a bit. Maybe an official show your bass sticky as well.

the basis of the forum is to help each other play bass guitar. Not to help each other search google and youtube. That is why the stupid video threads are against the rules, and the repetitive what bass should I get isn't.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan
the basis of the forum is to help each other play bass guitar. Not to help each other search google and youtube. That is why the stupid video threads are against the rules, and the repetitive what bass should I get isn't.

Well for people who haven't seen these videos, the videos could be construed as just inspiration. Plus it doesn't ANYWHERE state that the purpose of this forum is to help eachother play? I would've thought it was simply a discussion forum for most things bass, therefore discussing videos or informing people of videos which you honestly think are new doesn't seem to me as a crime.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Quote by UtBDan

exactly what I was thinking...

As for the pic's thread, just use the 'show off your bass thread'... What if I made a thread 'Show off your Spector NS' thread, and Dan a 'Show off your Bongo' thread, and Alex a 'Show off your Yamaha's' and then someone else would make a 'Show off your Jazzbasses' thread, but then another person with a P wouldn't be able to post his bass, so he'd make a 'Show off your P-basses' thread and I could go on with this... Pretty pointless IMO...

Quote by Crazypeanutman
its not, but it would still be nice to be able to post, "look, i wanted to share my bass and get your opinnons on it" and not get "YOU SUCK AT LIFE" as a respons.
The day I see one of the mods say that, I'd leave UG... Never has happened, and never will happen. And if this would be a thread like: 'Look, I got a new bass... what do you think?' I wouldn't have a problem with it and I don't think Dan would make a big deal of it... But this isn't one of those is it?

EDIT: Just came to realise that you probably weren't talking about a mod but about users in general. Well, I'd just ignore these people... I think they're frustrated or something like that...

2 Nikklaus: The people that are in those video's are often referred to on this forum. If they want to know more about them, SEARCH... These days you can choose between Google, Altavista, AskJeeves and whatnot... It's video's you want? Youtube, Google Video are well known... Oh, and if I remember correctly, Dan said "don't post video's for the sake of posting them... If you want to post them to discuss it's ok". Or something similar... So talking about vid's is OK, posting them to post them not...
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
Last edited by FunkMaster at Jun 27, 2006,
Quote by FunkMaster

2 crazypeanutman: The day I see one of the mods say that, I'd leave UG... Never has happened, and never will happen. And if this would be a thread like: 'Look, I got a new bass... what do you think?' I wouldn't have a problem with it and I don't think Dan would make a big deal of it... But this isn't one of those is it?

what quote are you talking about there funkmaster?
Quote by Mr. T
Quote by crazypeanutman
what quote are you talking about there funkmaster?

im about 70% sure he meant "teh day one of the mods say "you suck at life" in response to a "which bass?" thread"
Jup, it was that quote, I've edited my post and added the quote to make things clear.
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
pft its not annoying threads that bug me, i like to help ppl choose a new bass, cause i really appreciated it when i got the help when i started.

what annoys me is the ppl that keep bitching about the repeatitve threads. really... why even post?
STOP YOUR BITCHING! THE BITCHING IS MORE ANNOYING THAN ANYTHING THAT YOU'RE BITCHING ABOUT !!

now, who fancies creating a bass solo? we do one bar each, like one of those stories where you start "I woke up one day......."

either that or a Bass Fills Challenge.. someone comes up with a short simple line, and we have to embelish it and do a fill for the end of the loop.

come on lets have some fun damn it
^The solo collaboration idea sounds great. Lets just pick a key and go.
Quote by Bumper
^The solo collaboration idea sounds great. Lets just pick a key and go.

G major and all modes relative

som1 send a clip! then we can d/l that, add it into our recording program, and further it along from there

(each clip 5-30 seconds long? )
Well as it was my idea and my name starts with A, lets do it in A.

how do we do it? record it? or tab it out and then next person adds to the tab until we have our baby? it might be interesting to tab it out, and then everyone plays it how THEY hear it, and at the end we can record it and see how different everyones piece is from the same tab.. our personality will shine through, which is what playing and composing is ultimately about.

edit: damn manga, beat me to it. OK, G it is. so, tab or record?
i think record.

off the bat, we havent put any planning into it, and i like spontaneous things.

besides, i think everyone's die ing to show off their sig tone (im not tho :p
Quote by Applehead
Well as it was my idea and my name starts with A, lets do it in A.

how do we do it? record it? or tab it out and then next person adds to the tab until we have our baby? it might be interesting to tab it out, and then everyone plays it how THEY hear it, and at the end we can record it and see how different everyones piece is from the same tab.. our personality will shine through, which is what playing and composing is ultimately about.

edit: damn manga, beat me to it. OK, G it is. so, tab or record?

Guitar Pro 5?
Page 1 of 2