A post or two back I posted a cover of "Another Brick in the Wall" and I referred to the fact that this is the "summer of George" or more aptly the summer of Floyd. I have always loved Floyd and find I can get some extremely authentic tones using my GNX3000. So I figured ....why not cover some Floyd songs to highlight the GNX3000' capabilities.

I wanted to attempt this one before moving onto posting covers of other bands.

http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/patches/GNX3000/comfnumbfinallead_.mp3

I am still blending the final mix. That is a very long process so I wanted to take a step back and post what I have and see what you guys think of it. Also if I spend any more time glued to my computer with Headphones on then I think my wife is gonna go ape****

I did Vox and Guitars using my lovely GNX3000 a mentioned above.

Any pointers etc would help a lot as I continue to mix and get this ready. I put it on my ipod and it plays back ok. I burnt it to CD and played it in my car and it sounds like it may need some polish and mixing. However I have a cheap ford focus and the CD player in it ain't great. So therefore maybe what I am hearing through my ipod may be a better reflection of how the mix is.

Anyways as always I look forward to hearing from you all. This has been an extremely valuable learning forum for me as I am very new to recording.

Mark.
Doesn't sound too bad. I can't think of any particular points to throw towards you.
Thx for listening Shadow... Pastor of Muppets

Back to the mixing for me....have a great Sunday m8
I think i can definitely kill the reverb a touch.

I went back and forth on the final solo, mixed down it loses a bit in the mix. I am liking it like this because, it gives it that grainy on the edge of breakup aggression tone. Also I was trying to catch Gilmour's live rendition feel. So I think I may not mess with volume of final solo any more.

Also I use Garageband for recording and mixdown so I cannot tweak every parameter & it ain't great for doing final mixing

Hint Hint...So If anyone wants to take the mp3 I posted and mix it for me in their more expensive software then please do and email the resulting mp3 file to
mstow@mac.com - Help a brother out

Hint Hint :rolleye: :rolleye:
The mix sounds great! Id probably go back and work on the vocals a bit, phrasing and what have ya. But other than that great job Lead sounds good and the rest of the mix as I have said sounds great!!!
Please Crit for Crit.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382545
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
That sounded very similar to the real thing. the only thing is the vocals, but its hard to sound like david gilmour. good job.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Yea man that was really well done
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
great job, if you want it perfect, put the echo on the vocals. it'll sound 100%.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!