when attaching new strings to the headstock does it matter if you thread the string through the hole first and then wrap round and tune up or can you wrap round and then thread through the hole and tune up
Chuck Norris has two speeds, walk and kill
It'll help the tuning if you wrap the string around first, then put it through the hole, it'll be more secure like that and will be able to retain the tuning.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yeah thats what I do and it works apartt from on the high e which always breaks I'm not sure if it was my method which was breaking it or if it was just too thin a gague or something
Hmm, the high E string breaks most for a lot of people, could be 'coz it's a thin guage or you're picking too hard or sharp bridge saddles.
Don't be afraid to care"

Yea, if you abuse the pick and the strings like me.

I broke 4 credit card picks already and my elixir .011 is still strong and rollin'

I pick so hard that i actually whack strings out of tune like when I am playing crazy mofo banging rapecore on the guitar, using the pick as a dildo and the strings as the tools, omg..stupid crazy wicked banging the guitar with pick until its decimated, the elixir strings still stand all strong and erect.
Last edited by Invictious at Jun 25, 2006,
are you tuning to the right . . . . tune? too high of a tune will snap it, also i find if you tune up really fast its very easy to snap it, but slowly tuning up reduce the chance of snaping the high E
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
^True, I was tuning my acoustic back to standard from open C or something outrageous like that, but did I tune up slowly? noooo, stupid me.
Don't be afraid to care"

no I am I even checked with a thing on guitar pro that sounds out the note its normally when I drop tune it it breaks tuning up again... I'm now afraid to touch it at ll its making horrible creaking noises and I dont like it XD yeah I guess I'll try to tune up slower or something
yeah my guitar creaks when i bend the any fret on the G string up a tone on my iceman, i think it is coming from the nut because i've tried to source out the noise. I'll get it check during the week the G string shouldnt be able to tweak the truss rod when being bent lol.

However i've never broken strings from tuning, and only ever break the B string and the Low E, the low E usually unravels afetr about 4 weeks, but i changed to different strings and they last about 8 weeks... hmmm
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
Quote by R_H_C_P
^True, I was tuning my acoustic back to standard from open C or something outrageous like that, but did I tune up slowly? noooo, stupid me.

guess you were like me i happen to break the g-string
Quote by azn_guitarist25
guess you were like me i happen to break the g-string

*Giggles like a little girl*
Don't be afraid to care"