Anybody played on any type of peavey bass amps? I was looking at some and was wondering what they sound like at gigs. Any input on the knd of sound you get fro this amp is appreciated.
I used to gig with a 1978 Peavey Musician System Mark III stack. It always provided me with ample power, and a really growly tone. Of course When I decided that I wanted to have a really clean tone instead it couldn't pull it off. So then I switched to a Kustom Groove 1200.
Quote by Bumper
I used to gig with a 1978 Peavey Musician System Mark III stack. It always provided me with ample power, and a really growly tone. Of course When I decided that I wanted to have a really clean tone instead it couldn't pull it off. So then I switched to a Kustom Groove 1200.

one ofm y friends has i think a mark III or IIII, something along those lines. Its a tweed head, he doesnt use it for bass though, me uses it for electric guitar some, but that thing has, i believe, at least 2000 watts if not more.

the only peavey i've ever played is a TNT 115, its a good amp, just sounds liek any other 115, the graphic eq is a bitch though, those things always confuse the hell out of me.
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
I think most Peaveys give a really good clean tone because there's so much tone shaping that you can dial in just about anything...All in all they're pretty good amps, except they're kind of expensive but I've found plenty of cheap ones on ebay and pawn shops and they are good buys...

I'm planning on getting a Peavey head later when I buy another 4ohm cab to add to my 4ohm 2x12 since Peaveys are almost always capable of running at 2ohms...

And Zeldar, I dont know what you're talking about because I'm planning on buying a Peavey Mark VIII and that one powers 650W (or is it 600?) into a 2ohm load...I dont think a Mark III would be anywhere near 2000W, it may sound like to you but....
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
I get a real nice tone out of mine. Nice, growly and thick.