thinking on getting a MG50DFX is it good amp for someone who plays in the style of van halen , i only have a peavey rage so im gonna assume its much better then that with a DS-1 pedal running on it.
Erm... Why do you want it? I'd try one out before you buy, chances are you wont like it
Whats your budget, and what guitar do you have?
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Umm, MGs blow (and to answer ur question ther are not tube)... I'm just saying.. lol, for ur price range i guess the best choice is very cliche, its the vox valvetronix, one of those, i forget the actual model name (it has a pre-amp tube in it, its hybrid i guess). or try around and see what u like.
No I don't want to play your guitar... I might light it on fire.
Go out and play an MG, then play a Vox Valvetronix or something, or a tin of beans, the MG will sound worse.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
lol, Yeah, Every day there are alot of people who get caught by the marshall logo on the MG's ...
also play a cube60.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i own one, my friend has a valvetronix, he heard mine and sold his valvetronix to buy the AVT so from that i would deduce that Valvetronix suck.
i looked at the vox valvetronix ad60vt and its got a lot of sounds that id like its got a van halen kind of ton and a nice stevie ray vaughn sound in some sound clips i heard on the site i might get it anyone no if tis near the MG50 price range
Quote by thesumoftwo
i own one, my friend has a valvetronix, he heard mine and sold his valvetronix to buy the AVT so from that i would deduce that Valvetronix suck.

Well its all down to taste, but i think AVT'sare overprcied hunk of junk. BUt that's me

All tube Marshalls FTW!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I'm not saying MGs are good, because they really aren't (at least the versions i've played) but, how many people posting here have actually played the 50 watt version - it seems like bandwagon jumping by many people (obviously not everyone)

And (as i don't really care anymore) ENGL FTW!

This forum has turned to **** lately (even more so since Dave got de-modded) as so many people post things that they've never actually experienced but have just heard other people say...

I guess i'm gonna get banned for this now, but pffft
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Quote by Gabel
Well its all down to taste, but i think AVT'sare overprcied hunk of junk. BUt that's me

All tube Marshalls FTW!

Damn straight!

AVT is good, but im starting to grow more into all tube sounds nowadays (i went from SS addict to Hybrid Addict and now i think im moving into the tube idea) but give the ATV's a try, they have nice distortion, so nice that i now hate my DS-1.
avt's suck. MG's suck more. but are less expensive.

take your choice. something that sucks horribly, or something that sucks very slightly less, but is a lot more cash.

Avoid both, IMO.

Deg0ey:
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ I've gone past caring about this place anymore, someone needs to tell the powers that be that it no longer serves its purpose and that something needs to be done about it - at least you put the effort in

deg0ey
^ I appreciate that man, but don't go sacrificing yourself over me.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ I appreciate that man, but don't go sacrificing yourself over me.

I'm not sacrificing myself, just speaking my mind without a care what happens...

It's funny as the people in charge here have no weapon against me as in this state, I don't care whether I can post here or not...I'm just sorta hoping either they take heed of what I say and change the place for the better, or that other people (publicly) take the same view as myself...unfortunately it won't happen and I'll just clear off back to the other place...

I was guided by my tarot deck anyway - my card of the day was the 5 of swords, which basically told me that any problems i came across today that i should take matters into my own hands

deg0ey
^ yay
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Quote by Dave_Mc
avt's suck. MG's suck more. but are less expensive.

Actully AVt's can be decent, but since they cost alot of money you can get alotof better amps for the price.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^ well, I wouldn't go so far as decent, gabe, but yeah, that's the catch 22 situation. They're definitely better than the MG's, but for the price they're still pretty rubbish, since as you say you can get a lot better for the same price, or even less!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by deg0ey
^ I've gone past caring about this place anymore, someone needs to tell the powers that be that it no longer serves its purpose and that something needs to be done about it - at least you put the effort in

What are you trying to prove? Im just wondering what your going against Id love to hear.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
^ Yeah, I haven't really explained very well...

Basically, this forum has really gone downhill recently - and it wasn't amazing to start with. The amount of misinformation going around and the lack of constructive opinions are getting ridiculous (yes, i'm aware my posts haven't been constructive to the threadstarter). If anything, I think that UG has become almost too popular, and it's getting too hard to control - MODS: maybe there needs to be some sort of culling of users posting useless information (start with me if you like)

deg0ey
So your dissing people for jumping on the MG wagon, but your saying ENGL FTW...

The "OMG LOLZ ENGL PWNZORZ HAHA OMG LOL" is almost as bad as the MG one.

They are good amps, but they get recommended too much.

Someone wanted 5150 tones(super dark) and someone recommended a powerball...
My ENGL comment wasn't a serious one...and yes, they DO get recommended far too often...I love my screamer, but I'm fully aware it's not the perfect amp, and no way could it cover every possible base - and no amp could...But it is bloody good

deg0ey
Quote by Gabel
^i mixed up meant average.

no prob, gabe.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by deg0ey
^ Yeah, I haven't really explained very well...

Basically, this forum has really gone downhill recently - and it wasn't amazing to start with. The amount of misinformation going around and the lack of constructive opinions are getting ridiculous (yes, i'm aware my posts haven't been constructive to the threadstarter). If anything, I think that UG has become almost too popular, and it's getting too hard to control - MODS: maybe there needs to be some sort of culling of users posting useless information (start with me if you like)

unfortunately, it's not workable.

You can't really warn people for giving poor advice, and even if you could, it's hard to remember who gives good advice. Because most of the guys posting poor advice leave after about 15 posts- they've done the damage, get flamed, and leave. And a new one comes and takes their place. So it's virtually impossible to remember who all those guys are.

I agree with the sentiments though.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Lol I feel sorry for the threadstarter here...He asked a legitimate question, and I've completely ruined it

Oh well, I know I'm being idealistic and tbh it's not really the misinformation that annoys me - and in all this ranting, I've lost site of what it actually was that annoyed me in the first place

If there's a "Delete Account" button, can someone please point me in its direction, I need to get out of this prison cell (to quote queen)

And while we're not on the subject, I have a new love of Dio!!

deg0ey
^ i dunno if you can delete an account- you could maybe pm someone like mascot, ask him to perma-ban your account, but put in the black book that you asked it to be permabanned, so that if you ever change your mind, you can get un-perma-banned.

That'd be the best plan.

Or else just leave and don't come back, lol.

Oh, and dio seem pretty good. I like holy diver, that's for sure.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Haha I've been listening to Holy Diver (the album) for the last hour and a half

And I think I'll just leave - it's less effort *slithers away*

deg0ey
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?