ok heres the deal i am in the market for a serious amp suited for metal but I am stuck between
marshall mode four
krank krankenstein
or the fender mh 500 metalhead

any suggestions?
(Although I've not tried, but) I've heard people say that all them amps are absolutely terrible.

Look at some Mesa's too.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Marshalls are very good, but that is my opinion
-------------------------------------------------------------
NO ONE WINS THE BATTLE OF LIFE AND DEATH...
^And that's a very general opinion, which Marshalls?
Don't be afraid to care"

of those three amps, i would choose the krankenstein. the fender will either sound not heavy enough or sound to digitized, and the marshall mode 4 is overrated big time. the krankenstein is apparently able to produce dimebag-level distortion without the aid of a pedal.

if you really want a marshall, get one that's all tube, like the TSL series.
dont get a mesa because it has the same gear as a marshall, and i know because i worked with a man who fixed amps and set up guitars for a living and we took one apart to find out what the big fuss was about, the only fuss is the badge, get a marshall its the same bloody amp but your not paying a mortgage just for the badge unlike a mesa
Fear my squirrelly wrath!

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
at dimebags dvd "That's The Fun I Have" you can see him playing on a Krank Amp...
Doesn't sound very good allthough...
If you really wanna have the krankenstein sound...buy an amp with a sweet clean channel and get the krankenstein fx-pedal (it features a 3-band-eq)
But if you like some high-dain sound and hard-distortion, you could also try an randall amp
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
thats what im looking for neck breaking distortion i have several models of crates that are pretty high end but have to run pedals I am trying to get an amp that will eliminate my huge line of pedals down to my few 3 or four from my dozen or so boxes and also project over drums bass etc
Quote by mad-axe-man
dont get a mesa because it has the same gear as a marshall, and i know because i worked with a man who fixed amps and set up guitars for a living and we took one apart to find out what the big fuss was about, the only fuss is the badge, get a marshall its the same bloody amp but your not paying a mortgage just for the badge unlike a mesa

I doubt that....
Don't be afraid to care"

The MH-500 is:

1. Solid-State. Wait a minute, a Solid-State Halfstack? Bound to sound like **** at all volumes.

2. 500 watts? You don't need that much power.

3. A Fender, usually going to have *OK* cleans but a crappy distortion channel.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Check out the Marshall JCM2000 DSL/TSL series, and the Peavey 6505/6505+ if you are after a metal tone the 6505/+ can handle it better than the Marshall's but they are darker toned.