Ok so i went to get my guitars taken in to get buzzing fixed new strings and a new pickguard put on. The guy at the store said itd be between $60-75. That seems like such a ripoff to me. I

Replacing the pickguard is gonna cost $20!!

Could i put the pickguard on myself (just take off strings, unscrew old pickguard, and replace with new pickguard)? Are the pickups wired around it or anything tricky that i couldn't do myself?
thats a rip off replacing pickguard is easy just gotta gett all the pots and pickups off the old one and put them on the new one
Does $20 include the price of the pickguard?
But yeah its easy as to put it on yourself but you just have to make sure that it is the right shape and all the wholes match up. What type of guitar is it?
That's a huge rip off, not much work needs to be done to fix buzzing and screwing a few screws, do it yourself (the pickguard part)
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
remember you're paying for parts AND labour when you take it in to the tech. Your strings and pickguard probably cost no more than 30 bucks, but you'll be paying mostly for the labour on the setup. To remove buzzing from the guitar, he needs to adjust the intonation, the bridge, etc...

sounds like an average price to me, but if you want to make it cheaper, install the pickguard yourself. there's no trick to swapping out pickguards; you literally just take the old one off, and screw the new one on.
Its so easy to do it yourself!!

!!!feel the funk blast!!!

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN
pickguards are easy to put on and they dont cost that much. The guys at my music store fix the buzzing for free.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Run around the city jacking off in random places... and when you cum, jump out at people and yell "SURPRISE!" Then walk away calmly as if nothing had happened. That's what I would do, anyway.

Quote by Unofficial
Jackusaureles, You're now my favorite UGer.
to correct the buzzing the guitar requires to be set up, so it would cost that much to get it done professionaly
Fear my squirrelly wrath!

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
well i already bought the pickguard so its not included.

What do i have to do to change the pickguard (from the beggining)?

i assume its more than unscrewing and rescrewing...