ok well me and some friends just started a band and we've got one potential song but its instrumental. our problem is that we cant find someone that can sing. sure we can always get someone that can scream annoyingly into a microphone but we want a singer that we can understand. now im not trying to look for people on UG to sing for us cause than i would have put this in classifields. i just wanna know how some of you UGers got singers. thanks
Quote by thesublime
genious, silverstringz

Quote by Invader Jim
I admire you, SiLvEr_StRiNgZ. I have a short, VERY short fuse and would have instantly killed nearly everyone in the room, but you, on the other hand, did good. Have a cookie and a gold star.
i only have one suggestion that might help, have everyone in the band try their best at singing, or maybe try singing a new, original style or in a different voice. expirementing and messing around like that could help you find a cool singer amongst you who also happens to be extremely original.
Quote by happytimeharry
ig·no·rant

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

also see: elitist asshat
my singer is also my guitarist, i do backing vocals, and i sing for cover songs, just do what atc228 said
Unburnzing consists of 1 simple step:Unburnzing

Quote by yawn
Nice user name
Love live metal

Quote by J0NNYBRAV0
ive seen these before. one guy sold 2 air guitars, for $2 each or something. people are retarded, what can i say.
go instrumental! not really, but go around your school and ask people if they can sing and would like to be in a band. then hold audtitions for the people that said yes.
keep your ears open for someone, but don't be in a big rush. if you just formed the band, let yourselves be instrumental for a while and get farmiliar with how you sound together. if you get sounding really really good, the singers will find you.
Learn to sing yourself! Worked for me...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Seriously just listen to ALOT of music and sing along in the car ALL THE TIME! Learn the words you are singing! Go get them online or something. Then make sure you get the phrasing of the words down proper, not just the sounds, the words. You will get better at singing and it will translate to the band. Your voicebox is a muscle and needs to be trained!!!! Nobodys gonna show up at a bodybuilding compitition and win without lifting right.

Crit if you have time
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382545
Guitarman4040
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Seagull Acoustic
VOX AD100VT combo 2x12 + 2x12cab
Shure mics
Assortment of Pedals
okay there are a list of possibilities you could do

1. Just get everyone to pratice singing, live eat sleep, drink, read, listen to music all the time and sing along
2. Hire a vocalist, if you look around you can find somone with amazing potential right underneath you're nose.
3. Go instrumental.....no comment (lol go instrumental, funny)
4. Give up, dont.
5. As someone has already said create your own style of vocals, it maybe bad for what you're trying to sing bu if you write somehting that matches your voice, who knows

hope this helps
Songs working on :

Nitelife
singin takes two things ,,, good pitch and balls .and being super sexy helps cause people like super sexy people.itll take about 2 years to learn to sing good ,go for it !!! your young im imagining
Gear
Customized crunked out guitar rig
--1971 Fender Princeton (12")
--H.O.G.
3 customized guitars for the rig
--1999 Martin Jm - Seymour Duncan-SHR1-hotrail
--1998 Martin 000-28EC - Dearmond Humbucker
www.bigkingbud.com
im a singer. i suggest. one of u start learning to sing!
i need to get a better signature.
alright to set the record striaght. we're 15 and we've already searched out our school. thanks some of these posts actually got us thinking
Quote by thesublime
genious, silverstringz

Quote by Invader Jim
I admire you, SiLvEr_StRiNgZ. I have a short, VERY short fuse and would have instantly killed nearly everyone in the room, but you, on the other hand, did good. Have a cookie and a gold star.
SiLvEr_StRiNgZ learn how to sing, you have good voice, just got to train it, get ur other guitarist to learn too so there you have two singer then choose "rock paper Scissors" who's lead singer or backing vocalist lol=P
gimme a Microphone,
gimme background music,
gimme some Lyrics
I'll sing you a song
If you're still in a high school go ask a kid who's in choir to do it.

The best singers are the people who actively WANT to sing, not just someone who's like "welll... I wanna be in a band... but I can't play/afford any instruments."