Hey everyone. I was thinking of maybe getting a Les Paul style guitar as a next guitar. The only real way I can buy is straight from the shop, therefore pretty much the only website i can really look at is guitarampkeyboard.com. I could spend upto £400 on it, but if someone especially suggests (with real conviction) I could go over.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/p.php?n=114

I looked at the ESP models but I found that they were too geared towards Metal and not enough all round, as I would want this guitar to handle most styles well, (although it would have to be good for metal *crosses Ultra off list*).

What are the real difference between these models, and which one would you suggest i get?

BTW if it helps, i have a Line6 spider 2 112 (75 watt) and dont intend on changing that for a while.
Quote by omar_rajan
why not get an esp ec400 with seymour duncans in it

^x2
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Get an epiphone LP and you'll have the same setup as me!!!!
But seriously its a good guitar for rock, blues and jazz rather than metal. Go for the black beauty model. It's great
Quote by ilovethinlizzy
Get an epiphone LP and you'll have the same setup as me!!!!
But seriously its a good guitar for rock, blues and jazz rather than metal. Go for the black beauty model. It's great

A LP Quilt Top is sexier IMO
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Get the Epiphone Les Paul Elitist Model. It's the best guitar that Epiphone makes, and it's even better than most Low-End Gibsons, for a lot less. With a pickup change, it'll sound amazing.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
epiphone les paul, all the way. in that price range, they're the best les paul there is, and with after-market pickups, they can really kick ass.

edit: lol, everyone's got the same idea...
Yea I got an EPI LP.. besides going out of tune all the time it's pretty sweet. What pickups you recommend?
The times they are a changin'.....
I ahve an Epi Les Paul studio, got it for $500 CDN, I ahven;t changed the pickups though, and it still sounds damn good IMO, of course it;d sound better with new pickups, but whatever.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by Chimaira
Get the Epiphone Les Paul Elitist Model. It's the best guitar that Epiphone makes, and it's even better than most Low-End Gibsons, for a lot less. With a pickup change, it'll sound amazing.

x2
Hey thanks everyone for the replies. I cannot actually buy anything through the internet. The only way i can use GAK is because i live in Brighton where their sister company shop is, and although its more expensive there I can get anything off the website through them. Also I would prefer to not have to change pickups, because I feel its just a complete waste to discard the old ones and I wouldn't be able to sell them or pass them on. I looked at the ESP ec400 but I'm not particularly fond of the colour. I like the black with the EMG's but I want more of an all round pickup than one just for metal. But like i said, the pickup would have to reasonably good for metal. Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

How is the EMG 60 pup in the ESP ec400(black), would it be any good for clean tones? Obviously the EMG 81 is about the best for metal, but if this guitar doesn't have decent clean tones I wouldn't be able to get a guitar that does for ages, so basically if the EC400 with EMG 81/60 set doesnt do good clean tones, i wont get it.

How is the EMG 60 for clean tones?

BTW GAK doesn't sell the Elitist models (as far as i know) so i wouldn't be able to get them, only anything thats on the GAK website.
Last edited by This_Kidd at Jun 25, 2006,
do epiphone's have that thick neck like most gibsons or do they make a slim-taper neck also.
I have no idea on the thickness of their necks. At the moment i play an SG (thin neck??) I'm pretty sure it's got a thin nec, but anyway i doubt it would be very hard to switch from thin to thick neck if i had to.
Anyone else out with who could help?
Any other answers to the above questions and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
i got a epi LP classic goldtop

its ****hot mine but it can be touch and go with some epiphones as some are crap and some are great, i guess i was just lucky
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy