Hey,

I really love the way Tears in Heaven sounds, but I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on finger picking songs similiar to it.

Thanks.
I mean its kinda similar, Beatles - Blackbird, Clapton - Classical Gas, George Harrison's acoustic version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Greg Howe - Desiderata.

I mean they are kinda similiar
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
Quote by horazonblade
I mean its kinda similar, Beatles - Blackbird, Clapton - Classical Gas, George Harrison's acoustic version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Greg Howe - Desiderata.

I mean they are kinda similiar

*Mason Williams - Classical Gas

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters

Bry
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat
If it's the style of a bass note and lead note played together you're after, then I would suggest "Blackbird" - Beatles and "Jenny Wren" - Paul McCartney. You may like Classical Gas too, like some other people have suggested. Look into some Tommy Emmanuel stuff too.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
I just remembered...Cryin' by Eric Clapton might be just what your looking for. I think it's also written about his son (in an indirect way). Its bluesy, but acoustic and has that finger-picked style that you're looking for. It's not a very well known song I don't think, but I reckon its great.
Guitars
"Dakota" - Fender Splatter Strat
"Jacqueline" - Maton CW80
Quote by Calum_Barrow
If it's the style of a bass note and lead note played together you're after, then I would suggest "Blackbird" - Beatles and "Jenny Wren" - Paul McCartney. You may like Classical Gas too, like some other people have suggested. Look into some Tommy Emmanuel stuff too.

ya I think that's what I'm really diggin.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Hey Jase_connor, where can I find that tab by Clapton - "Cryin'"?? I cant seem to find it on this site.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/e/eric_clapton/cryin_guitar_pro.htm

You need guitar pro to view that tab, which I unforunately don't have. Other than that, I'm not really sure where to find it. I'm trying to figure it out for myself but it's quite difficult and I've been really busy lately so haven't made much progress. Good luck though!
Guitars
"Dakota" - Fender Splatter Strat
"Jacqueline" - Maton CW80
Quote by jase_connor
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/e/eric_clapton/cryin_guitar_pro.htm

You need guitar pro to view that tab, which I unforunately don't have. Other than that, I'm not really sure where to find it. I'm trying to figure it out for myself but it's quite difficult and I've been really busy lately so haven't made much progress. Good luck though!

isn't guitar pro free?
Quote by jimtaka
isn't guitar pro free?

It's as free as every other program off a P2P network!
Takamine EG531SSC - "Kim"
Fender Mexican Stratocaster - "Jessica"
-Texas Special Pickups
Crate Palomino v16 Class A Tube Amp

Well it's floodin down in Texas