Ok, after learning that Marshall MG series amps suck....I gotta find something to go along with the Jackson RR guitar I'm gonna get (haven't decided on which one but most likely the 1T)

So, I need a nice 60-100 watt amp that is $600-$800 or lower. Anybody have any suggestions?
Quote by Aftter-Forever
fender deluxe!!

Ermmmmm no....I really don't like fender amps. I've tried many...I have one...I hate it...
Quote by Gutch220
what kind of tones are you looking for?

Metal mainly but I also want a really nice clean tone. I use a distortion pedal. It's a DS-1 but I'm also trying to get a Pro Co Rat pedal.
what type of metal?

what rr are you getting?

what's your current guitar?

which fender amp do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what type of metal?

what rr are you getting?

what's your current guitar?

which fender amp do you have?

Most likey the 1T or the 5 because I don't really want a FR

I have a Fender Stratocaster HSS

I have a Fender FM 65R because it was cheap. I mean, it's a decent amp but the distortion channels sucks and the reverb is a bit dissapointing
^ (a) don't judge fenders based on the FM series. That's like judging the SAS based on the army cadet force.

(b) don't get a new guitar. There, I said it. That fender should be fine. what series is it? mexican?

Consider getting new pickups for your guitar.

(c) add the money you've saved to your amp budget. You'll have about $1800.

I'd probably get an engl screamer (or fireball, if you mostly play metal and don't need the screamer's versatility) halfstack, but tell us what type of metal you play.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh, and I play thrash metal,speed metal, a little bit of death metal and barely any of today's metal. I mean stuff like old school Metallica and Megadeth etc
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ (a) don't judge fenders based on the FM series. That's like judging the SAS based on the army cadet force.

(b) don't get a new guitar. There, I said it. That fender should be fine. what series is it? mexican?

Consider getting new pickups for your guitar.

(c) add the money you've saved to your amp budget. You'll have about $1800.

I'd probably get an engl screamer (or fireball, if you mostly play metal and don't need the screamer's versatility) halfstack, but tell us what type of metal you play.

Erm ALOT of people suggested that I get a new guitar....I really don't like my Mexican made strat either....
And I'll only have about $1300 to spend once I get the money so...my dad is gonna take care of the amp
^ ALOT of people thought there were WMD's in iraq too, and they were wrong...

seriously, you'll get the best tone out of a mid-range guitar through a top of the range amp, rather than the other way round.

Unless you truly hate the playability of your guitar.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the Vox AD series can rock out pretty hard. I just picked up a 30 watt and its pretty heavy when you crank it. The valvatronics tech they use isn't quite like a real tube, but its as close as you'll probobly get for under 400 or so. If ya like met stuff (i think you mention them somewhere) The "UK '80s" amp sim is a JCM800. Try one out in a store. They have 50 watt and 100 watt versions i believe.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
if you're spending that much then go tube.

Get a Traynor tube or maybe a Carvin (they have amazing cleans)
Well, when I said I'd only have $1300 I was going to use that money on a better guitar. I really hate my current one. It's decent but it's uncomfortable to play...I know this sounds silly but I can actually play a lot better on other guitars because I'm more comfortable with whatever guitar I may be holding.
^ that's ok. But you don't have to run and buy a USA jackson, lol. It sounds like your guitar just plain doesn't suit you- maybe the neck dimensions aren't right etc.

But if you sell your current guitar, and buy another one that's a similar price and swap the pickups, you'll be fine- you don't necessarily have to have a top of the range guitar.

And that way you'll have a guitar that suits you better, and still enough cash to get a kick-ass amp.

what guitars have you tried and liked?

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ that's ok. But you don't have to run and buy a USA jackson, lol. It sounds like your guitar just plain doesn't suit you- maybe the neck dimensions aren't right etc.

But if you sell your current guitar, and buy another one that's a similar price and swap the pickups, you'll be fine- you don't necessarily have to have a top of the range guitar.

And that way you'll have a guitar that suits you better, and still enough cash to get a kick-ass amp.

what guitars have you tried and liked?

Well, my guitar was like $400 so...I dunno. It's in good shape, I polish it often.

Well, there are only 2 places in town that sell decent guitars. One of them likes to rip people off....but they have all of the Gibsons and crap. The one I like to go to is much smaller but the guy there gives me HUGE discounts but he mainly sells Fenders. I've tried a few Schecters and they were pretty nice and they had great pickups too but...I didn't like them enough to actually want one as badly as I do to other guitars. And I really liked the Dimebag guitar they had in there...but it is WAYYYYYYY to expensive for me...so I'm planning to go to Atlanta to look around and actually try the guitars that I want. I've actually have wanted a Gibson SG for awhile but know I doubt that it will make me pleased...since it is a light guitar I'm worried that there won't be enough sustain
^ yeah, I think what you basically need to do is try as many different guitars as you can, as each will feel slightly different- and price doesn't necessarily ensure that you'll get one you like better, if it's a dimensions problem.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ya, I was thinking about customizing my strat....I mean....should I? I would rather buy a new guitar for some reason.....O_o

So, I guess that totally blows up the chance of getting a really nice tube amp (my dad is gonna buy an amp for me...) and bunch of people have told me to buy a Peavey XXX but I can't find one higher than 40 watts...I need atleast 100.
^ there's a 120 watt xxx combo, afaik.

only customise your strat if you like how it plays. and it sounds good unplugged (i.e. worthy of a pickup swap).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ there's a 120 watt xxx combo, afaik.

only customise your strat if you like how it plays. and it sounds good unplugged (i.e. worthy of a pickup swap).

Well, i want a locking nut on it...but I dunno if that's possible....

And I don't want to end up spending a lot on my strat if I cuold have just bought a Jackson...but I think I can answer all of this if I just try out al of the stuff....
^ you can't get a locking nut without a floyd rose trem. Or at least without fine tuners on your bridge.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by fendermustang12
Metal mainly but I also want a really nice clean tone. I use a distortion pedal. It's a DS-1 but I'm also trying to get a Pro Co Rat pedal.

This may come as a bit of a surprise to many, but take a look at the Kustom WAV 212. It's a hybrid amp that will give you both impeccable, sparkly cleans and brutal distortion. I was very, very impressed with this amp when I tried it. IMO, short of a Roland JC-120, this is the best SS clean I can remember hearing. The clean channel has a ss preamp, but it's damn impressive.

The lead channel is tube-driven and gived you a wide range of tones, from tube clean, all the way to insane high gain that will suit jsut about any metal that you can throw at it.

The down side is that the amp looks kind of gay. But IMO, it's probably one of the all-around best-sounding and best-equipped solid state / hybrid amps I've ever had the pleasure of jacking into.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
^ yeah, I was in a music shop, and it was advertised as having "better tone than a valvestate (to be fair, that's not hard) and better fx than a cube". Didn't get to try one, but I might next time I'm there just to see (it was too busy last time).

But yeah, sometimes the good amps get talked about so much that people forget that there are new models coming out all the time.

So while I can't agree that it's good, crunch, since I haven't tried it, I agree with it in principle- lesser known amps frequently do have to be good, or they'd go out of business.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?