ok, first of all i had originally planned on getting a peavery 6505 head with the matching 412 cab. now due to whatever, i have maybe changed my mind, but i first need a cuple of questions answered.

is it possible to take the 6505 head and put it on a diff. cab? ive only been playin for a year so im kinda new to the whole head/cab deal. and 2ndly, if this is possible, would i be better off getting say a marshall cab. instead of the peavey 412?

i currently have schecter omen6 but plan on upgrading to a hellraiser in case anybody needed to know.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
yes.

and

maybe.

as long as the ohms (impedance) matches between the head and cab (the head probably has a switch that lets you change the impedance, so you should be grand), and the speakers in the cab can handle the wattage of the amp, it'll be fine.

What music do you want to play, and how much do you have for the cab?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i play a lot of metal/metalcore stuff whatever, which is why i picked the peavey. but i always see people with marshall amps and diff. heads. the ohms on the head i believe are 4, 6 and 8 with a footswitch yes. but the marshalls website doesnt exactly say the specs of them all soo...
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
my, peavy ohms are 4, 8, and 16
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
because i would rather get a good amp now then have to upgrade every year until i get there. and my brothers KUSTOM amp sux dix
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
that still dont answer my question though, should i go ahead and get the peavey or the marshall cabs(even though i have no idea what one i would get)?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
^ how much cash do you have for the cab?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
right now i got about 4 bucks to my name, but i plann on gettin a job and saving really soon. so in other words, whatever would be cheaper cheaper, id like to kep it under 1500 though
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax

Quote by srvflood
^ that's $1500 for the 6505/5150 + the cab?

if so, you might want to look at avatar cabs. they're meant to be good value (they aren't available over here, so I haven't tried them), and you can specify what speakers you want (so they can advise you on what speakers to get for the tones you want).

If the $1500 is for the cab alone, you could pick any cab you want, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Maybe a Legacy cab loaded with vintage 30s (if the $1500 is for the cab alone)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
you could get a used 6505 or 5150 they are the same exact amp off eBay for about 500-800 USD. Then i would get a Marshall 1960b cabinet because they are loaded with Celestion G12T75s. you can get them on eBay for around 350-600 USD. which with 1500 you should have enough if you look around
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
ok, heres the deal, you can get a used 5150 for about $600 - $700 for the head. OR, get the combo for $500.

either way, you get a carvin legacy cab. the 2x12 is like $360. and if you get the combo, thats tone that kills for around $850
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile