Ok, i would like people to list off small companies (ex. reverend, maverick) that either use p-90s or humbuckers in their guitars, thank you
Agile, one of the best knock-off guitar companies that are cheap and can be comparable to some low-end Gibsons and maybe a little bit higher quality ones too. They also have a better quality control program too.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
im not looking for knock-off brands, tho i should list who i know about

Chris Larkin Guitars
Brian Moore Guitars
Reverend Guitars
Carvin Guitars
USA Guitars
Agile
some carvins are expensive as hell though
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
some carvins are expensive as hell though

lol yeah rlly expensive, before we get on with this, my budget is up to 1500$ (USD)
How bout' a godin. MY brothers got one with SD P90's and it sounds fecking great.

http://godinguitars.com/godinproductlistingp.htm (my bro's guitar is the LG P90, his is black and it only cost him $399, they had nother one in gold like a Gibby gold top, but it was $599)
Hai UG!
Last edited by L_Z_Nut at Jun 25, 2006,
Quote by L_Z_Nut
How bout' a godin. MY brothers got one with SD P90's and it sounds fecking great.

http://godinguitars.com/godinproductlistingp.htm (my bro's guitar is the LG P90, his is black and it only cost him $399, they had nother one in gold like a Gibby gold top, but it was $599)

funny because oneof my current favorites is a godin LG sig AAA lol i shoulda said that i know about godin lol
I'd go for the Godin, they're very well crafted guitars, they're very comfortable to play, and they have great QC. I've rarely played one that was bad.
Hai UG!
Quote by L_Z_Nut
I'd go for the Godin, they're very well crafted guitars, they're very comfortable to play, and they have great QC. I've rarely played one that was bad.

cool, ive always liked that guitar, i just wanna play it, anyway im the one as you probably know that needs a new guitar for punk rock, so what amp should i run it thru at the store (as in all my other guitars ill try out while im there)?
I'm not too sure, I don't play punk rock. I think someone elses advice would be better for the amp you test the guitars with. I don't want to just shoot out random amps.
Hai UG!
G&L make some nice guitars. But I doubt you'd like them for Punk Rock.

Don't you already have a thread for this?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
no i had ultimate punk rock, the reverend was suggested, and i wanted to know what it was like from someone who has used/owns one
Ok, just to clear something up, Carvin is nowhere NEAR a small brand and they are not expensive at all. For your budget I would recommend getting the Carvin CT6M since it is a beautiful guitar and is just as good as a Gibson and PRS. Also, another thing about Carvin is the fact that I had configured one of the CT6M's and it was $1600 US which is amazingly cheap since they are custom built to your order. Once you order it, they will make your guitar right then are there so it's like a custom guitar, but for a lot cheaper.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II

Ehhhh... your at it again. I know MCR uses JCM's if thats what your after. Another marshall that would work would be a DSL40. Or you could check out a mesa F-50, i would imagine they would work (Im going to check one out for an Emo/Punk/Pop-Punk tone).
mcr use epi elitist lp custom and std. + and im not after their sound, i'll look at that carvin...
sg strummer does (can) that carvin have an hss setup? i rlly want that so that i can have just a bridge hummer, perfect for mcr crap, and the sc's for pop-punk/rock
nope. that sux, id like a guitar with that custom "appeal" that could have a hss setup(no i wont start a new thread lol)
Quote by thegeoff
Ehhhh... your at it again. I know MCR uses JCM's if thats what your after. Another marshall that would work would be a DSL40. Or you could check out a mesa F-50, i would imagine they would work (Im going to check one out for an Emo/Punk/Pop-Punk tone).

oh lol im not asking for an amp, im asking for a guitar
The DC135 is damn nice guitar with a H/S/S setup. If you want it then get it.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II

Quote by Arlabester
oh lol im not asking for an amp, im asking for a guitar

Haha, yeah sorry. Im not sure why i did that. Well Whenever you decide to upgrade your amp so you can get a punk tone...