GHS
10 9%
DR
12 11%
Other
5 5%
Voters: 108.
Page 1 of 2
What string makes do you use and why. Do you use them because they feel good, last long, dont rust etc
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
DR .11's on electric, Martin .13's on acoustic.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
my opinions on what I've tried:
D'Addario - sound way to modern for me, they play real nice when they're new, they crud up very quickly
Ernie Ball - decent, play decent too, last for a while but overall to 'average' for my likings
Dean Markley - have got this really nice deep sound to them, play well, they last for a while but become very unusable after that
Rotosound - I love these nice vinategey tone and they last for ages for me
Fenders - no idea, I had these on my guitar when I bought it but I didn't know jack about this type of stuff back then...and they had probably been sitting on the guitar for a year while it was in the store

but its the summer now and with all the humidity my current set of rotosounds seem to have gone rather quickly.
I managed to get a pack of GHSs though so I'll be trying them soon.
I use Dean Markleys Blue Steel strings. They last a long time, and sound bright for a long time, too.
Quote by YAY_FOR_PIE
, I stopped when I read something about three dragons being in you or something.

Quote by Metal claw
Paris Hilton looks like Dave Mustaine to me.
I use DR 9's on my Epiphone and Gibson, and i use DR 11's on my Jackson...

I Like the feel and sound they have.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I use Ernie ball 9's I don't really care much about which type though. My friend used the same strings he bought his guitar with for half a year. He just replaced the first 3 like 4 weeks ago....man those were horrible looking.
Quote by amp_322
I use Dean Markleys Blue Steel strings. They last a long time, and sound bright for a long time, too.

yeah i get these with my sponsorship and they are excellent strings. much fuller than elixers and WAY better than d'addarios, IMO
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by thesumoftwo
actually, i wanna hear what someone who has elixirs thinks about the strings, i'm interested in getting a set.

Elixirs are great. They have a very nice and crisp sound AND they last a while. I personally use the Nanoweb coating. I use DR Extra Life .11's now that Elixirs aren't available at Guitar Center anymore.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
Quote by thesumoftwo
actually, i wanna hear what someone who has elixirs thinks about the strings, i'm interested in getting a set.

The nanowebs are pathetically "greasy"...
They sound very "unique"
but
They lasted forever!
Quote by thesumoftwo

I've got set of Elixers on my acoustic. The coating feels a bit funny at first, but I got used to it. They have a really bright tone to them and sound nice. The guy at the guitar shop said that his were four years old and still sounded new.
I agree wiht seljer for the D'Addario, they do get crappy after a while......the light gauge ones aren't so bad though, and they sound excellent when their new. They sound very good.
i use the elixir nanoweb electric strings on my fender delux fat strat and elixir polyweb on my taylor 714ce
Gear:
Fender Deluxe American Fat Strat
Fender American Telecaster
Taylor 714ce
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 300
Macbook Pro
Acoustic = Elixir Polyweb Med. .013-.056

Electric = Elixir Nanoweb Light .010-.046

Exspensive. Yes!

But they do last awhile.
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
so anyone recomend elixirs? Ernie balls are starting to bore me. Any suggestions really, though i guess that this is what all this is about. I like strings with a lot of tone but still .9's.
Quote by thesumoftwo
so anyone recomend elixirs? Ernie balls are starting to bore me. Any suggestions really, though i guess that this is what all this is about. I like strings with a lot of tone but still .9's.

They really are only designed for durability over tone... if you want to step out of the "ernie ball" type of string feel and tone, check out GHS those are pretty different, yet have great tone unlike IMO elixers
i use rotosounds, cheap n' good
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
I've used and loved D'Addarios for 5 months now. I use .10-.52 gauge strings in Standard and Drop-D tuning.

I love them; great sounding and last longer than any string I've tried yet.
ive had good luck with the dean markley blue steel 10's but after seeing the poll i think ill give ernie ball a shot.
Quote by thesumoftwo

elixirs are great on my beater acoustic with no case.
Quote by j120strat
ive had good luck with the dean markley blue steel 10's but after seeing the poll i think ill give ernie ball a shot.

if you do you're going to need a new set in a week depending on how you play
Quote by yorkshireterror
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by DunlopGuy
if you do you're going to need a new set in a week depending on how you play

i play hard,do they break easy?
Ernie Ball Power Slinky's (11-48 , just so you know)
I find 'em good for bends and solo's , and last quite a while , but I constantly change tunings , so i can't really tell you how long they last , and no rust yet

good stuff
Quote by grimreaper65
Just run the steer by my table and i'll grab a hunk off.
DR Hi-voltage 9-50 dimebag signature. They are good, not brilliant. Loose they're sparkle after a while but for the first week they rock. Also they are hard as fook, never break.
d'addario strings because they are cheap and good at the same time
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
fine, don't let us bassist's say our brands. jealous fuckers

Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
i use either ernie ball 11-54 or DR 11-50. depend how i feel when i buy them. damn you guys and you flimsy ass strings (referring to gabel). i cant use thin string. i always break them
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I use D-addario 9's with the wound G. Along with the fact that D-addarios get ****ty after a short time, and I never clean my strings, Summer in Maine=Humid as HELL. I'm going through about a set a week.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Quote by j120strat
i play hard,do they break easy?

what i meant by that is they rust extremely easy.
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
what is the differnce between slinkys super slinkys etc. is it just string size or is there another purpose for the names
Member #17 of the RHCP & John Frusciante UG fanclub

Member #52 of the Fender Armada
Quote by Harmonystrat
what is the differnce between slinkys super slinkys etc. is it just string size or is there another purpose for the names

I'm pretty sure that it's just size.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
I use D'addario,I used to use Dean Markley,and I hate Ernie Ball,don't like how they feel
Ernie Ball regular slinky normally, but this time i decided to try heavy bottom (.10-.52). Seem to play relatively well.
Page 1 of 2