So i just got a new guitar, and i was thinking that maybe it would be a good idea to get some insurance. My guitar isnt astronomically priced, but if insurance isnt that much, i was thinking about getting some. Does anyone have insurance here, or does anybody know who to get it from and about how much it is? I'm looking for theft insurance and damage insurance, because you never know what can happen. I already googled this, but the companies that i checked out want you to fill out a bunch of stuff, and submit it to get a Quote.

Thanks
Quote by pinheadslts75
My right hand fell in love with my penis once. Then the right hand realized the penis slept with the left one too. Things are akward in the bedroom nowadays.
Fill out the stuff.

And if you don't have anything highly priced, there's not much point unless the amount isn't that much.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
well my guitar is $700 so i dont know, is it worth it?
Quote by pinheadslts75
My right hand fell in love with my penis once. Then the right hand realized the penis slept with the left one too. Things are akward in the bedroom nowadays.
That depends really, do you think that it's gonna' get stolen or anything like that? If not, insurance will just be wasting money for a slight sense of security.

But... if you live in some kind of high crime area and there's a risk of your gear being stolen, go for it
Don't be afraid to care"

alright, well, it would be nice to have theft insurance at my dads house, because of the location, but damage insurance is the big one, im always taking it somewhere or another, and i dont exactly have $700 to shell out if it gets broken.
Quote by pinheadslts75
You're going to have to do the Pete Townshed type guitar destruction if you want to rack up $700 worth of damage to it.
yeah, true
Quote by pinheadslts75
^lol, the drum explosion thing was on some programme last night, classic!

Just try to weigh up the costs, such as the cost of paying out the insurance for a year, and the cost of getting some not so large damage to your guitar.
Don't be afraid to care"

extra warranties and the like are such a rip off. thats how so many places make easy money.
yeah, well this is making me think more about it, maybe i dont need it, but i still want to check out prices, anybody have a company to recomend?
Quote by pinheadslts75