Alright guys, been playing for a year and a half now without lessons, just sitting around improvising but have now been getting more and more interested in learning theory.

So there are teachers nearby and i'm sure I have enough money, but anything I should know, like what to watch out for incase of crap teachers or anything like that.

My main influences are definately John Frusciante and Jimi Hendrix, with a healthy dose of Zappa to boot.

I'm hoping to be able to just improvise like this
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6687883095438440075&q=john+frusciante
within 2 years or so and any help you guys can provide would be cool

PS; guys is there anyway I can easily increase my confidence when playing infront of people? I guess i'm shy because when i'm in my room I can easily improvise and sound pretty damn awesome, but when I go down to the music shop to try some new equipment I just tend to fiddle around with some crappy riff. I've tried taking a no bull**** attitude but it feels really forced, so again any help with this would be great
Last edited by FrostyTheBush at Jun 25, 2006,
PS; guys is there anyway I can easily increase my confidence when playing infront of people? I guess i'm shy because when i'm in my room I can easily improvise and sound pretty damn awesome, but when I go down to the music shop to try some new equipment I just tend to fiddle around with some crappy riff. I've tried taking a no bull**** attitude but it feels really forced, so again any help with this would be great

that will come with giging more
Quote by Adam_G
I think it's appropriate for you to walk outside and get some sunlight and maybe a life

Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl annoying me on the bus.
Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"
Her:"What??! Noo!"
Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."