ok so my birthday is in a couple of weeks and im wanting a new amp. im thinking tube combo or valvetronix.what tube combos can i get in the price range of 500$and be at least 30 watts tube?
new or used but preferably ones i can try out at guitarcenter or samash. and the kind of tone i mainly want is bluesy classic rock like page,angus,slash,perhaps some classic metal tone(like rhoads). and perhaps,perhaps some metallica tone like the fade to black intro solo. but again i mainly want vintage tones.and id like the amp to be pretty versatile and be pretty pedal friendly.oh and im saving up for a new guitar, most likely epi les paul
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Last edited by marvelboy_04 at Jun 25, 2006,
That Vox isn't valve.

There are...

Fender BLues Jrs (only 15watts, but oh well)
Laney VC30's
Peavey Classic 30's
Used Fender Hot Rod Deluxes
Peavey Delta Blues
Peavey Valvekings

and probably loads more, try a load out.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yeah i know the vox isnt tube but its one im considering because of the versatility
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99

Yea they are very nice actually, I was quite shocked with a 15watt Valvetronix and how nice it sounded.

But... try a load of amps out, compare them with eachother and so on, see which one you like best.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
anyone else?
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99

i agree try it out, hopefully the store you go to is nice like mine and lets you bring in your own guitar and effects you play with and bring your own headphones and try everything out and see what sounds the best
Quote by pacoasterrider
i agree try it out, hopefully the store you go to is nice like mine and lets you bring in your own guitar and effects you play with and bring your own headphones and try everything out and see what sounds the best

i own a squier and a crate gt15
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99