Whatsup folks,

Ok here is my latest creation... it's called echoes, because it sounds very, well, echoey - melodic, peaceful, calming.

The harmonics at the end are edited to resonate quite a lot - my cheap classical guitar hasn't got the best harmonics!!

The 4th one down

Cheers,
Ollie

p,s - the song doesn't stop at 2:07!!

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
It sounds like music to me. Tone and clarity could probably be better, but I know it's not easy to record classical guitar. I bet this would sound amazing recorded on an acoustic/electric steel string.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Last edited by Armored Artist at Jun 25, 2006,
Quote by Armored Artist
It sounds like music to me. Tone and clarity could probably be better, but I know it's not easy to record classical guitar. I bet this would sound amazing recorded on an acoustic/electric steel string.

Thanks,

Yeah I do have a Taylor 214E but I prefered the more mellow classical sound... that's just me.

nice playing man. Not really a fan of that style of music, but you can play really well, only a couple of dead notes, and that's pretty good on an acoustic, playing it that way. Need to add you some background music.....
I like it. Only a couple of mistakes. I do think it would sound better on either a better classical or a steel string, just because it would have more overtones. Right now it sounds a little dead, not that that's necessarily your fault. I didn't find it too calming, however, because of the fast pace in parts. I still enjoyed it. Nice job.
Your playing was very solid and consistent, I didn't catch very many mistakes. I know that you edited the harmonics a little, but I thought that they were a little too loud and a little out of place. They sound good with the composition but they sort of overtake the rest of your playing. The piece had a good flow to it, and while I haven't listened to much classical, it kept my attention and was cool to listen to.

Crit mine (Wanted To Say)?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383052
i'm diggin this. Nice to sit back an listen to *thumbs up*
I love the smell of napalm in the morning...Smells like victory
Kidzelda: Yeah, i know what you mean about the guitar. It's a Yahama C40 and it's been outplayed... i've had it for ages. Thanks though.

Cedarock: The harmonics do take me by surprise too, after hearing the song as a whole. I'll do a re-record soon and make them more subtle.

Rundle: haha as a matter of fact i'm learning Ocean at the moment, so it definetely has influenced me!!

Thanks for listening and commenting guys, much appreciated.

I like it. It seems to fit in a song that would have no drums. I would like it without drums and very calming/slower vocals rather than an uptempo vocal song. It's set up well and isn't boring at one second.
AIM - JanesAdd1cti0n

The Rain And Snow

We've been reduced to ruin in this noncalibrated earth that has stumbled upon us.