now, im looking for a CKY style sound still, but i'll play anything. i've been looking at these 2 pedals (both Boss)

• BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
  • BOSS MD-2 Mega Distortion

im currently using the following gear:

Danelectro Compressor "Surf n Turf"
Danelectro Octave "ChiliDog"
Behringer OD100 Overdirve/Distortion
Danelectro Beyond Metal Dist. "Black Liquorice"
BOSS NS-2 Noise Suppressor
BOSS GE-7 EQ
Marshall RG-1 Modulation

which pedal should i go for? thanks guy...the help is much appreciated and such
out of the two I would choose the MT2
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Try them out with your amp or an amp similar to yours in a shop, see which one you like best.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Try them out with your amp or an amp similar to yours in a shop, see which one you like best.

tried the MT-2, but ive heard that the MD-2 isnt made any more...
I don't know how CKY sounds, but I'm guessing/feeling punk. So I suggest the Digitech DF-7. Although not true in tone to the originals (which you should figure out by the name Digitech) you can get very nice, original tones. From the fuzz of the Big Muff Pi to the leads of Led Zeppelin in Tubescreamer mode, you can get any distortion you want.
Quote by SuperAnalytical
I don't know how CKY sounds, but I'm guessing/feeling punk. So I suggest the Digitech DF-7. Although not true in tone to the originals (which you should figure out by the name Digitech) you can get very nice, original tones. From the fuzz of the Big Muff Pi to the leads of Led Zeppelin in Tubescreamer mode, you can get any distortion you want.

not punk...its weird ...sorta like metal/hard rock with an octave... or better yet, "slowed down death metal"
^Hope you like it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by hellview_666

im currently using the following gear:

Danelectro Compressor "Surf n Turf"
Danelectro Octave "ChiliDog"
Behringer OD100 Overdirve/Distortion
Danelectro Beyond Metal Dist. "Black Liquorice"
BOSS NS-2 Noise Suppressor
BOSS GE-7 EQ
Marshall RG-1 Modulation

You already have a ton of pedals...so why not get an amp for the sound you want. it would be a better investment IMO.

Also, your sig:

"Parker P42 > BOSS NS-2 > BOSS TU-2
Danelectro Surf n Turf > Danelectro ChiliDog > Danelectro Black Liquorice
Behringer OD100 > BOSS GE-7 EQ > Marshall RG-1 > Laney LX65R"

Is that the exact order you have your chain in?
weel im ditching the Behringer OD100 and the Surfnturf cuz they make no difference at the minute...

current order:

guitar - ns2 - surf n turf - chilidog - OD - dist - eq - back to ns2 - rg1 modulation - amp

also tried:

guitar - ns2 - surf n turf - dist - chili dog - OD - eq - back ns2 - rg1 - amp
guitar - ns2 - dist - surf n turf - OD - chili dog - eq - back to ns2 - rg1 - amp
guitar - surf n turf - ns2 - OD - chili dog - dist - eq - back to ns2 - rg1 - amp

im not changing the amp, because i liek its tone...the only thing lettin me down is the distortion....its too thin sounding (i tried it on many other amps, and its still thin sounding), so im changing the distortion, dumping the surf n turf (cuz i havent noticed any difference it makes) and the OD (mainly because it sounds weak)
WEll the DS-2 was a good choice because it doesnt sound nearly as thin as the MT-2. Also the NS-2 should be in the back of your chain to eliminate any hiss made by the pedals.
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
Also the NS-2 should be in the back of your chain to eliminate any hiss made by the pedals.

its got this Send/Return feature so that any noise from the pedals is taken out...i get no noise from teh rG-1 (well pleased with that pedal, i must say)
you need the mt2. its extremely versitile. it will probably suit your needs much better
yo
Quote by sr.rockalot
you need the mt2. its extremely versitile. it will probably suit your needs much better

ive been reading up on reviews of both these pedals, most of which say that the MD-2 can do an MT-2 style distortion, and more...not only that, its cheaper from most places ive come across.... i'm going to leave it til tomorrow to test out at a local music shop and make up my mind from there... thaks guys for the opinions and stuff!
Quote by sr.rockalot

I disagree 1000000000000%

I hate the MT-2 with a passion. And yes, Ive tried it out on a lot of amps, with a lot of guitars, and I really did TRY to find a good setting on it...but couldnt.