find someone whos played it
talk to them
in person
on the phone
etc.
but find out how they play
and make sure this is the guitar YOUR looking for
Quote by azn_guitarist25
what music do you play? what amp do you maily use? how much you willing to spend? what country do you live in?

Quote by timi_hendrix
You forgot "asl?"

Quote by @zzasin
You want me dead cause I don't share your opinion?

I bet my life savings your an American..
That Tele in the main page looks so sexy. But just so sexy.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
That Tele in the main page looks so sexy. But just so sexy.
Last one and "Rosie" is only $399 wtf? buy it now before you lose her. Having played 2 Tokai's A Love Rock LP, and an Eclipse style LP I can say they are quality, great action, great finishing, and both were very loud acoustically with good harmonics.

http://www.jsdguitarshack.com/tokai_tele_rosie.html
Quote by CustomCustom
Last one and "Rosie" is only $399 wtf? buy it now before you lose her. Having played 2 Tokai's A Love Rock LP, and an Eclipse style LP I can say they are quality, great action, great finishing, and both were very loud acoustically with good harmonics.

http://www.jsdguitarshack.com/tokai_tele_rosie.html

I can't buy jack... Hell, I've been playing for like 3 years and I still have a bloody Marshall Rocket Special and a completely wrecked Kustom KGA10. I'm looking to get a job so I can buy a new amp... Maybe I'll get enough and split the money between an amp and a guitar. Which is highly unlikely.
Anyway, I wouldn't buy it. It's sexy, hell it's bloody creamin', but I'm a metalhead. Tele's aren't for me.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
actually im wondering if the shop is reliable, not the guitars
If you know them over ebay, then purchase the guitars over eBay as you will have buyer protection from ebay. If you pay via PayPal, you'll have even more protection.

In my opinion, I would trust them.

And for those unfamiliar with the history of Tokai guitars, they were THE copy brand since the vintage days. Their guitars were made in Japan and they were the reason why Fender had to start their Squier sub-company in order to pump out guitars that were as cheap as the Tokai's. However, the Tokais remained superior over many Fenders, and of course the Squiers as well. They also had great Les Paul copies. Nowadays, they have stopped creating Fender type guitars due to lawsuits but you can find them on eBay, most of them being located directly in Japan still. Nowadays, many of the new models have been outsourced to Korea but some still are MIJ (and those are the superior ones). They are not as great as before but still very excellent. You get a lot of bang for the buck.
blank
Tokai guitars are great. There used to be a shop near me and it had loads of them. They're really nice. You're basically getting the same quality guitar as you would from Fender, Gibson, etc, but with a different name on the headstock.
The funny thing is that im interested in the dillion lol. Im living in asia, so basically fernandes, tokai and some relatively unpopular yet awesome pieces are available in my location. Im pretty familar to copies like tokai fernandes. Talking about lespaul, IMHO, current pieces of lower end tokai is overrated, could get better pieces with the same amount of money. Orville will be a better choice, most of the orville have deep joint and awesome build quality, but only available in 2nd hand. As for fender copies, I believe orgin of Fender Japan is greco. Supersound fernandes is great as well