ok people, heres the situation.... i needs a new amp, and i gots about £350, £400 if i really push it. im used to marshall, so i'd rather not have to change that. id like it to be a stack, or atleast big, dunno why, just be cooler frankly. i play usually blues to soft metal, so an amp that complements that'd be cool. cheers all.
well don't choose an amp to look cool. But anyways, I have a Peavey Valveking stack for sale, all tube, will easily handle metal and blues and classic. In the UK £450
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Why just Marshall?

And no, you don't want a stack.

Look for a Laney LC30, a used Marshall DSL, a used Marshall JCM800 combo, a used JCM900 combo.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
an MG I am guessing? No, there are much better amps than marshall (IMO) mesa,engl,peavey just to name some
My Gear:

That doesn't mean other amps won't be reliable, and may be better value for money rather than buying a low end Marshall.

Go to a shop and try a few valve combos out.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by tabber666
No, there are much better amps than marshall (IMO) mesa,engl,peavey just to name some

...none of which could be found in the UK for £400.

Best bet would be to scour ebay/shops etc for used JCM800s and the like.
What marshall do you have at the moment? If you have an MG or AVT then no you havent really got a marshall sound or setup, just a marshall amp. Both sound nothing like the JCM's or plexis.
I would go for a real marshall (as in a ussed JCM 900 or 2000). Or maybe a Peavey valeking 212
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
I own an LC30, cost me £100 second hand off a mate (top condition mind), anyway, it can handle up to soft metal with the gain dimed, i use a boss SD-1 to push it further. Mine sounds quite similar to randy rhoad's sound in crazy train atm.
Clean sound is also good, the bright switch gives a lovely sparkling sound that i use for songs such as Sultans of Swing.

Anway, the Mark II can be had for circa £350GBP brand new, seen em on ebay second hand for £200-275. It apparantly has a better speaker than the version i have which is the mark I, so maybe try it out?

The marshall DSL401 is also worth trying out if you really must have a marshall, but thats around £75 more.

Cheers !
[Ibanez SZ320MH
BOSS SD-1, BOSS CE-5, BOSS CS-3, Crybaby Wah
Laney LC30

Quote by WantToLearn
i was biking with my guitar and it fell in a puddle of mud, i was like OH MAN and i whent home immediately and put it in a bucket of water
im selling my valveking (half stack) for £450 if that isn't a good price, I don't know what is
My Gear:

Thats pretty much mates rates, good deal
[Ibanez SZ320MH
BOSS SD-1, BOSS CE-5, BOSS CS-3, Crybaby Wah
Laney LC30

Quote by WantToLearn
i was biking with my guitar and it fell in a puddle of mud, i was like OH MAN and i whent home immediately and put it in a bucket of water
laney lc30 or vc30
marshall dsl401 (about £410)
peavey classic 30
peavey valveking
randall rg50tc
ashdown fallen angel

look into those. I haven't tried them all. Any marshall halfstack you can get for that price (unless you get an amazing deal on a second hand all-tube model) will suck, as it'll be an MG or AVT.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Please don't go down the solid state route. For that sort of money, there are some really nice second hand tube amps out there. I got a second hand jcm600 2x12 combo for £340 from a shop and it's incredible. It seriously destroys the dsl 401 and other new amps in that range... Please don't be talked into buying crap by sales people.

Good luck mate

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by jimbob78
Please don't go down the solid state route. For that sort of money, there are some really nice second hand tube amps out there. I got a second hand jcm600 2x12 combo for £340 from a shop and it's incredible. It seriously destroys the dsl 401 and other new amps in that range... Please don't be talked into buying crap by sales people.

ive noticed the same, sales people dont know ****. none whatsoever. i always want to laugh in their face.

seriously, you dont want an amp because its BIG or a STACK.
though ^he said that his amp whatever owns dsl 401 but still i would say its one hell of a box.
get either that or fender hotrod deluxe, second hand preferably since your budget is kinda tight. or just go check out different type of tube amp combos that you could afford, just park yourself in some guitar shop and test the amps.