Is it really that much of a pain as people say? What makes it to difficult? Im looking to get a guitar with my first Floyd Rose, and I dont want to worry about it. And does it really stay in tune that well compared to a normal Tremolo? If im going to get something with a Floyd Rose, id want to be able to do insane divebombs.

(The guitar im talking about is the RG1570)
The RG1570 totally molests other Guitars. It's beautiful.

A well maintained FLoyd when set up correctly holds tune better than any other tremolo.

You'd have to have severe learning difficulties to not be able to setup and maintain a Floyd.
Ibanez RG 770 Deluxe
Epiphone SG Custom
Marshall TSL60
Digitech Whammy 2
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer
Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion
Boss XT-2 Xtortion etc
^ true. some people though never do any maintenance on their guitars though. i never did until i got my jackson soloist with a floyd. its no nig deal at all. and it stay in tune better than a fixed bridge. i cant throw mine out of tune if i wanted to
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
Quote by Ash_Lawrence
The RG1570 totally molests other Guitars. It's beautiful.

A well maintained FLoyd when set up correctly holds tune better than any other tremolo.

You'd have to have severe learning difficulties to not be able to setup and maintain a Floyd.

"The RG1570 totally molests other Guitars"

Well put haha.

Will I be able to get it set up perfectly the first time, or will it take a couple times?

I was thinking, if I want to change my strings, should I go to the music shop where I get my lessons, and have them set it up so I have an idea on how to do it?
i find them to be more of a pain in the ass. i find it to go out of tune more than normal guitars, i still like the option of a floyd rose on a guitar but, it depends on your playing style, no point in having it if your not gonna use it. plus i own a whammy pedal, so, no need for one
Equipment:

Schecter 007 BlackJack
schecter c7 hellraiser
ibanez k7
Krank Revolution one stack
Tech 21 Trademark 30
Digitech Whammy Pedal
tech 21 killer wail
Quote by TJM2482
"The RG1570 totally molests other Guitars"

Well put haha.

Will I be able to get it set up perfectly the first time, or will it take a couple times?

I was thinking, if I want to change my strings, should I go to the music shop where I get my lessons, and have them set it up so I have an idea on how to do it?

yeh watch how they do it or look on the internet for some guides. as long as you change one string at a time you will be alright. and before i got my first floyd rose guitar i knew how to set them up so its always good to do some reading
As far as stringing goes, the 2003> Edge Pro, which is equipped in the RG1570 doesnt require you to cut the ball ends, so it'd make it relatively simpler to string.

You dont have to worry about the tunings as well, as long as you keep it parallel to the body. It'll take quite some time to get used to but eventually, you'll love it more than your mutha~
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
mad where did you get that pic from. i saw like a whole website page comparing the edge pro and edge pro II
Thats from the old jemsite page, its no longer there, yeah its kinda cool that it compares all the retrofits.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic