I just got back from a local mom n' pop guitar shop now and played a couple of amps. Here's what I got on 'em.

Amp: Orange Rockerverb 100 through an Orange 2x12, played with ESP Viper 400 with EMG active pups
Overall opinion: AMAZING! Had amazing distortion on it and the clean channel was great. I could get anything from a nice, heavy tone on the verge of hardcore to a nice, mellow tone for indie. The clean was no Fender clean, but it was great. It was very mellow, but somewhat chimey.

Amp: Orange Rocker 30 played through Orange 2x12, played with ESP Viper 400 with EMG active pups
Overall opinion: Disappointing. The gain channel didn't have much gain at all, but I think that could've been attributed to a busted tube. I really wanted to try it with an OD pedal, but no luck. I look to try this amp again at a later time.

Amp: Modded Marshall JCM 800 2203X played through a Line 6 cab with Celestion speakers, played with ESP Viper 400
Overall opinion: Very meh amp. Very prone to feedback, which might be attributed to the guitar. It was very muddy and I had a difficult time getting a decent tone out of it. It was nothing to really write home about.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
I play a epi LP through a Behringer GMX212 too. What do you think about that amp? I give it a c+/b-.
^Lol....what?

Did you get to crank the Marshall?

And is there much difference between Orange Rockers and ADs?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yeah, I cranked the Master Volume to about 6 and I still couldn't get a good tone out of it. I'm gonna go back to try it tomorrow. As for the difference between the Rockers and the ADs, I can't say. I tried out the Rockerverb 100 and the Rocker 30 and I think I'm gonna go back to the same place and run my Boss OD-20 between the guitar and the Rocker 30. The Rocker 30 didn't sound like it had the gain it should, if you get my drift. The Rockerverb, IMO, sounded a lot like a Marshall when I cranked it. The Rockerverb struck me as something a lot more versatile than people made it out to be. I could get pretty heavy, almost metal tones on it without it getting all muddy on me and I could get great overdriven tones perfect for indie and classic rock. It's easily one of my top 10 amps.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
yeah, i tried the 50 watt rockerverb last year and thought it was awesome. I haven't tried the 30 watter, or the ad's though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you ran the marshall through a line 6 cab? that might be part of it...
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!