ok, does anyone remember that brilliant show on tv 'Red Dwarf'? i was watching series 1 to 3 last night and i was wondering if anyone else enjoyed that show as much as me.
yea red dwarf was fantastic, but it was unfortunate that they cancelled it after craig charles (lister) got accused of rape. even though it turned out to be completely false they didnt continue red dwarf for fairly obvious reasons. season 8 ended on a cliffhanger too!
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Yeah a lot of the seasons were quite amazing. Others were guff, though.
This is also the show that trained Craig Charles for Robot Wars, and for that we should be thankful.
some bits were good but i never really got into it.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
I practically live my life around that program. Its brilliant!
Season 3 is my favourite.
Quote by Nightmare_xxx
yea red dwarf was fantastic, but it was unfortunate that they cancelled it after craig charles (lister) got accused of rape. even though it turned out to be completely false they didnt continue red dwarf for fairly obvious reasons. season 8 ended on a cliffhanger too!

Actually Craig charles got accused of rape in 1993, hence there being such a large gap between series 6 & 7.

Series 6 was supposed to be the end. But it got recommisoned because the BBC really wanted it back. Also they wanted 52 episode for syndication hence series 7 & 8 being 8 episodes long.

Series 8 was never meant to be a cliffhanger, but they made it that for budgeting reasons. No series 9 has been made due to the ongoing movie saga.

So there.
Le Sraah
love that show. Most the guys in my old block were addicted to it as well!

They are in pre-production for the movie, there's quite a few details about it on theie website.

- Rich
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by rworsl
love that show. Most the guys in my old block were addicted to it as well!

They are in pre-production for the movie, there's quite a few details about it on theie website.

- Rich

Its been in pre-production for 6 years though. Its like guns and roses.

I bet it wont even be good
Le Sraah
he was accused of rape in a hotel that used to be 100meters from my house... its now been knocked down and turned into swanky flats

Absolutly love the show, possibly the best show ever.

The americans tried a pilot of it and failed horribly, Lister was a clean cut jock type bloke and it was just wrong and Kryton was in it from the beginning which confused the hell out of me.
Quote by SpacedOut
Its been in pre-production for 6 years though. Its like guns and roses.

I bet it wont even be good

it better be good. i love red dwarf
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
it better be good. i love red dwarf

I love red dwarf too, its my favourite tv show, I watcha series every night.

But VII and VIII were dissapointing and being honest I cannot see the movie being all that good. I want it to be. I pray that it is. I'll go see it 8 illion times anyway even if it isnt (provided it comes out).

But something says it wont be.
Le Sraah
"It's a garbage pod, a smegging garbage pod!"

One of the truly great british comedies. The BBC should show it more often, it's better than most of the crap new comedies they churn out. Especially that one about the police women *shudders*.
"It's too late. I've already paid a month's rent on the battlefield."
^(x2)geek
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by frenchyfungus
^(x2)geek

Charming.

And yes it is one of the best brittish comedies. One of the few to reach international acclaim. Its just a pity it pitterred out so badly.
Le Sraah
Quote by SpacedOut

And yes it is one of the best brittish comedies. One of the few to reach international acclaim. Its just a pity it pitterred out so badly.

Such is the way of things sadly, at least it retained it's B-Movie-esque production values to the end.
"It's too late. I've already paid a month's rent on the battlefield."
I absolutely love it. I've got every series on DVD.

I think Ace Rimmer (what a guy) is bloody hilarious. Am I the only one who thinks Kristine Kochanski (played by Chloë Annett) is really, really hot?

Quote by Robbie n strat
I absolutely love it. I've got every series on DVD.

I think Ace Rimmer (what a guy) is bloody hilarious. Am I the only one who thinks Kristine Kochanski (played by Chloë Annett) is really, really hot?

No... you are not alone my friend! She is...

But I love Red Dwarf, I think its brilliant The Cat and Ace Rimmer are my favourite characters by a long way... love it!