Just ordered an Epi Gothic Explorer that comes with a licensed floyd rose, whole thing including delivery was £130 which I thinks a pretty good. I wasn't looking to get a whammy bar but my friend was offering me the same guitar without the whammy bar for £50 extra and I need all the money I can get at the moment so I elected to get the cheaper guitar.
First of all, was getting this guitar worth it in the first place? Secondly, I'm a rhythm guitarist but I also play some leads so to a degree the licensed floyd rose may come in useful but I like to change tunings a lot.
What do I do? Should I sell the guitar I've just bought (and probably make some profit) and buy the one my friend offered me?
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
Well, if you can make profit if you sell it, I'd rather have a regular TOM bridge one. Plus, the FR on an Explorer is quite a vibe breaker. Explorers are rythmn guitars.
And it's sure as hell, if you change tunings alot, you're gonna get plenty headaches with a floyd.
All in all, if I were you, I'd sell the one you just bought and get the TOM one.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
£130 for an epiphone seems to be a good deal. Mine cost me £300
floyd rose on a les paul? i just vomited on my lap, thanks to you. sell it burn it whatever. ew.
dunno, sounds kinda weird and i bet it looks dumb. if you got it for such a good price sell it forwards, unless you love the weird combination.
It's an Explorer. Maybe you hadn't realised so far that Epiphones didn't make only LPs... Well, now you know.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
It's an Explorer. Maybe you hadn't realised so far that Epiphones didn't make only LPs... Well, now you know.

oww my bad yeah i know what an explorer is :P
i think it'd look weird anyway.
Trade it to your friend for the regular one! The FR version costs more, so just tell your friend that it's worth a bit more, but you're willing to trade it even for the regular version.

If your friend is trying to sell his anyway, I doubt he'll care.

Also, let me tell you-you got a great deal. Those usually cost quite a bit more than that. Congrats!

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by rickmeister
Just ordered an Epi Gothic Explorer that comes with a licensed floyd rose, whole thing including delivery was £130 which I thinks a pretty good. I wasn't looking to get a whammy bar but my friend was offering me the same guitar without the whammy bar for £50 extra and I need all the money I can get at the moment so I elected to get the cheaper guitar.
First of all, was getting this guitar worth it in the first place? Secondly, I'm a rhythm guitarist but I also play some leads so to a degree the licensed floyd rose may come in useful but I like to change tunings a lot.
What do I do? Should I sell the guitar I've just bought (and probably make some profit) and buy the one my friend offered me?

pop open the back cavity and tighten the two screws until the floyd is leaning back against the body- now you'll have the versatility of bending and changing tunings