i just saw this guitar in my musicians friend mailer, it looks killer and it costs only $899. does anyone have any first hand knowlage of this guitar or should i be afraid of a gibson thats under $1000.
im surprised customcustom hasnt recommended you an ibanez yet...

TS, the guitar has no maple cap...

for that price, if you want a quality Les Paul, look into the Les Paul elitest, its alot better for what you pay for...

or you could look into the Les Paul menace, its cost 860... gots a mahogany body with a maple top, ebony fingerboard, and a 1960's slim neck.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Menace?sku=517371
zeppelin.....that is the ugliest guitar i have ever seen gibson's name on
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
zeppelin.....that is the ugliest guitar i have ever seen gibson's name on

i think thats why its soo cheap
i dont think its ugly at all,its just stripped down,its the kind of guitar you dont have to polish once a week....play it and throw it in the corner.....thats rock-n-roll baby.
I tried one out a while back and it seemed decent. Not $900 decent, but still a pretty good guitar. I agree though, the Epi Elitist LP Custom or Standard would be a much, much better choice.

Hell, even the Gibson Menace would be a better choice. Although it is completely fugly. The Menace is a Les Paul Studio with a flat finish and stupid routings. And a goofy headstock logo. It should sound good though. And, for the $800 or so it costs, it will be just as good as any Gibson Les Paul studio soundwise.

But it's fugly forever.

Really, if you can find a GREAT deal on the Vintage Mahogany, go for it. Otherwise, there are much better choices at that price.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^Don't trust magazines. Look at them for some info, but don't take any praise (or negative comments) they say to heart.

The only way you'll know is if you try it yourself. Which is what I recommend you do. I found it to be a good guitar, but about $400 overpriced. That's my opinion on it. You could try it and absolutely love it. You could also try it and despise it with a burning passion. You just won't know until you try one out yourself.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
The LP isn't worth it, they're only charging 900 because of the name. Like Xenn said, the Epi Elitist LP Standard would be a MUCH better buy.
That is the guitar that I just sold. It was the sweetest sounding and BEST looking guitar, because ti was different. I'd vouche for it anyday. I only sold it because I was strapped for the cash.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Have one with a SD JB in the bridge, Pearly Gates in the neck, and love it. It's the exact sound I was lookin for, and I play just about everything.

EDIT: I played an LP standard through the same amp with the same settings as I do on mine, and I thought my vintage mahogany outplayed the standard.
Last edited by basketcase23 at Jun 26, 2006,
i played one at GC like a week ago and it played nicely, i like the 50's rounded neck actually, its thinner than my acoustic's but i like my dean neck better, it sounded okay and i played one in brown which looked really awesome, the red ones arent very nice looking though with the chrome hardware
The vintage mahogany LP Studio I tried was actually pretty decent. It felt just like a Les Paul should. The quality of the work seemed on par with other Studios.

Acoustically, it sounded nice and punchy with nice presence. The owner sound the Gibson pickups a little too muddy, so he swapped them with an EMG ZW set. It sounded pretty badass to me.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I'd reccomend you an agile (I personally don't like the shape, but alot of people do) They have great tone, and are pretty cheap. But that DOES seem like a great deal from what you say, can you give us more info, and maybe a pic?
Dickless.