Has anyone here ever heard SRV's "Rude Mood?" If so, you know that its a very fast song and hard to play. But is it really that difficult to play? It sounds like he uses double picking in the first few bars of the song. Does anybody here know what SRV actually does in this song?
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
2003 American Fender Stratocaster
2005 Schechter C-1 Blackjack
'62 Fender Twin Reverb
Marshall JCM800
2002 Fender Fretless Jazzbass
CryBaby Wah
Line 6 POD XT Live

"My student SLEPT with your honor student"
i had a look at it, but the intro seems to have loads of muting which was really fast. That part seemed hard but am sure once you got it down it owuld be ok. Like with all srv songs i learn with solos i just learn a few licks then just improvise the rest throwing in one of them licks now and again makes it loads easyer to learn that way.
i think he does double picking in the first few bars, not muting. Muting it would be hard as hell, because he does it so fast, except after every measure he hits all the strings and then mutes them. And Shorrock, i do the same thing, where you play one of his licks then improvise off it. It truly does make it much easier.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

I agree with you guys on the soloing and improv. His stuff is so everywhere and fast but if you find the key and know your scales...you got it made.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
2003 American Fender Stratocaster
2005 Schechter C-1 Blackjack
'62 Fender Twin Reverb
Marshall JCM800
2002 Fender Fretless Jazzbass
CryBaby Wah
Line 6 POD XT Live

"My student SLEPT with your honor student"
Quote by 6DgOfInTb
i think he does double picking in the first few bars, not muting. Muting it would be hard as hell, because he does it so fast, except after every measure he hits all the strings and then mutes them. And Shorrock, i do the same thing, where you play one of his licks then improvise off it. It truly does make it much easier.

am guessing the score i saw was wrong then.