Hey guys, I have a yamaha pac 112g and a Spider II amp. I want to buy a new guitar, I have the yamaha 5 years and I wasn't very carefull with her, it's full of cracks and scratches. I am a Metalli-fan especially of James Hetfield and I'd like to buy an explorer, in the classic shape, not the new "spiky" esp-ltd shape. I saw the Epiphone Gothic Explorer and I dig it very much but I don't know if it's worth its money for the sound, quality etc. I play moslty metal and hard rock, but would it be comfortable to play blues or something else with an explorer?
Thanks
Last edited by panos4657 at Jun 25, 2006,
I have an Epi Goth Explorer (the one with the XII inlay) and black pickguard. It'll be suitable for your preference because of the mahogany body, set neck, and thin profile neck. The sustain is very good and through the tube amp and proper effects pedals, you'd be good to go.

What I did with mine, which I got cheap from a local guitar store because it was on consignment and sitting for months, was upgrade the PUs to Gibson Burstbuckers, for more growl ... it's not face-melting like the usual metal/shredding buckers, but the current and previous PUs are fine for your music and passable as far as the blues. You can see my Goth Explorer in my build thread (see sig). Good Luck.
I bought the amp last year, so I don't think I'll upgrade it in the near future. I want to buy a new guitar first.
Quote by panos4657
I bought the amp last year, so I don't think I'll upgrade it in the near future. I want to buy a new guitar first.

well then get the epi or get the ibanez prestige if its still within your budget
if you liek the goth style get a goth les paul around the same prise but i would prefer a explorer cos of the shape
Im a big Metallica fan to I dont like the ESP spikey shape either Im getting ready to buy Epi goth explorer I play a lot of Metallica rythm I played goth v pretty much the same real heavy rythm good clean to get the explorer