k guys i think my guitar has gone crazy or something. when i picked it up to play it yesterday, it was tuned a little less than half a step up. i thought that was wierd but i didnt think much of it and i tuned it back down. this morning it was tuned about a half step down. my questions are:

1. is my guitar messing up for no reason?
2. is it the weather?(it went from really hot and dry to really hot and humid in like a day)
3. have my strings still not broken in yet?(doubt it, its been a week)
4. do the strings just suck?( Fender Super Bullets, 9s)
5. does the guitar's tuners suck(hopefully not, its a 2006 fender standard strat)

and most importantly

6. how the hell did it tune itself up?
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
^ thats what i was afraid of.
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
it's cursed, burn it and buy a les paul
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
I think it's a mix of the strings and the weather. I don't know much about those Fender 9's but anything by the company that made the guitar isn't usually known for its quality. You know when you place an unopened pop can in the freezer? It should explode. That's kinda what your strings are doing, minus the explosion.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
That's odd, maybe someone's messing with you?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
^I agree
I tune low, use heavy strings, and floor it. Floor it... thats techincal talk.
-Stevie

I'm just here to play. So please, if you have something deragatory to post about me, I have a map directing you on where you can go.
^ kk so your saying i should get a different brand of strings? btw i wouldn't say that fender isnt known for their quality because they've been pleasin people with their instruments for 60 years. and no fwibble i am not gonna buy a les paul. they are among the clunkiest uncomfortable instruments i ever played

edit: wow look at all the replies. this post was directed to buckethead

well no the actions not changing at all and I looked down the neck and it looks straight
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
^ kk so your saying i should get a different brand of strings? btw i wouldn't say that fender isnt known for their quality because they've been pleasin people with their instruments for 60 years. and no fwibble i am not gonna buy a les paul. they are among the clunkiest uncomfortable instruments i ever played

edit: wow look at all the replies. this post was directed to buckethead

well no the actions not changing at all and I looked down the neck and it looks straight

thee who slams les pauls gets no help from UG
lol im sorry. ill admit that they have a really really nice sound to them. can i have your advice now

edit: and just outta curiosity, how often do you guys have to tune your guitar, just to use as a reference
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
yeah thanks for the help guys but how often do your guitars hold in tune? like how often do you have to retune them? just for me to use as a reference
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
i have to tune mine like every 15 mins of heavy playing but i have an cheap guitar so i kinda expect to have to do that.

ps..(get ernie ball strings)
ok so you guys are saying that its not the tuners on my guitar that are messin up right? its hopefully just a combo of the strings and weather right?
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Does your bridge have enough tension? Could it be your bridge creeping up on you?
Hi, I'm Peter
^not sure. i can always take it to a shop to make sure everythings working properly. and how do you check for tension?
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
well, you would notice the back of your bridge higher off the body. Eventually it would be ridiculously high.
Hi, I'm Peter
Its the weather man, every time I picked up my guitar in the winter, it would be out of tune (I have a ZR trem, those don't go out of tune! ) So anyways I would just play on it till my hands warmed it up, and voila, perfect tune. But now that its summer, the humidity just ****s it right over and I gotta retune it every day.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!