im sure this has been asked before but what kind of a guitar should i look for in my second guitar

i play alot of modern hardcore heavy underoath/atreyu as well as punk/emo(haha go ahead and bash me for it)/stuff like sum 41/taking back sunday/silverstein tunes.

What kind of a price range should i look for in a 2nd guitar (im only 16 remember)
Any Recomendations (dont say jackson, sorry im just not a big fan of them, i also dont need a tremelo)
I would go towards something like a Les Paul or a SG. If you aren't into gibson, look at paul reed smiths or something (they are very expensive) or fenders.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
I would go with an Esp Deluxe EC-1000 its about 800 bucks or try a schecter C1 classisc for about 700 bucks there both awesome guitars for any style, and they wont rape your wallet either.
if you go into the $700. range your going to get a great guitar that will last a lifetime,so i would go with a guitar that suits your style now but will also suit your music in 20 yrs. when your styles have gotten more mature. like maybe a fat strat,they do it all.maybe a gibson/epi depending on your $$$$
Quote by IThinkNot
What is your first guitar?

Btw, what school do you go to?

1. right now i have an ibanez grx40 (the ibanez beginner pack guitar). I've replaced the output jack and might be putting a new pickup in it soon, and hopefully getting new tuners for it soon, but it's a great guitar for all i do now. It's heavy as crap but other then the weight i dont have problems with it

2. i go to Solanco
Quote by j120strat
if you go into the $700. range your going to get a great guitar that will last a lifetime,so i would go with a guitar that suits your style now but will also suit your music in 20 yrs. when your styles have gotten more mature. like maybe a fat strat,they do it all.maybe a gibson/epi depending on your $$$$

im not a huge fan of fender's sound ether (to clean! :-P) but the fat strat has basically the same pickup style i have now, im looking for a humbucker in the neck and bridge, sorry i forgot to mention that
i'd go for a lp or sg.
Setup:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-Top
Crap GK strat
Vox Valvetronix 15 watt
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Boss DS-1
I'd look into som jacksons if i were you. Although they're primarily for metal they great for that other stuff too.
^ Are you blind, he said DONT RECCOMEND JACKSON.....

Umm, Ibanez RG321MH? Or possibly a MIM Strat
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
musicmanfan, jacksons are nice guitars but he says he doesnt like them. its a good suggestion but he doesnt want one for some reason. threadstarter look into anything by schecter
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Shecter Blackjack series, many shapes to choose from, good construction, high quality electronics. All for a damn good price.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
thanks for the replies
i've definatly been looking at scheters off of sites like AMS and Musicianfriend and really loved there looks, just never played one.

hopefully this week i'll be able to test one out, and see how i like it. im not a fan of jackson's looks..i dont know why i just dont like there style
what aout getting the guitar im tihnking of geting, real hard core. SG iommi sig model, really good pick-ups. My m8 likes the same music as u and he got a custom les paul
^ If your talking Gibsons here, he isn't going to be able to afford them (the custom you mentioned is $2700, the Iommi SG is $2000 I think). Threadstarter, if you've got $800-$1200, think about an Epiphone Elitist, great Gibson quality guitar without the pricetag (technically, they generally play as well or better than the Gibson they have the same name as, but cost $1000 less normally lol).
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix