http://youtube.com/watch?v=YcdSyxgzkP8&search=alterbridge

Tremonti's backstage with the rest of Alterbridge there warming up, I'm pretty sure both amps he plays on are the same.

The one I'm interested in is the first one he plays on, the one where he rubs his beer bottle on his guitar. It appears similar to one of those Fender GDex amps (I can't remember what they were called, but I know they had digital display and whatnot, very useful for practice amps I hear), but I'm not 100% sure. The symbol on the amp is resembles a Fender, but I can't quite make it out clearly.

Can anyone tell what kind of amp that is? TIA.
i know on stage he uses two fender 65 twin reverbs but i think that amp looks like a fender cyber ttwin se. dang wheres ibanez4life
#64 in the Alter Bridge rocks club!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by HugeRed
i know on stage he uses two fender 65 twin reverbs but i think that amp looks like a fender cyber ttwin se. dang wheres ibanez4life

I was wondering that myself. :P

I was mainly looking for the dirty sound on that amp, he didn't play cleans through that. The Twins he uses on stage are for cleans only, he uses Dual Rectos for dirty sounds.
Quote by sg-rocker173
I was wondering that myself. :P

I was mainly looking for the dirty sound on that amp, he didn't play cleans through that. The Twins he uses on stage are for cleans only, he uses Dual Rectos for dirty sounds.

Correction, he uses a Triple Rectifier and a Bogner Uberschall for dirty sounds.

But yea, its a Cyber Twin SE:
http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2290000010
yeah when i looked and saw that actually said fender i about soiled myself. ididnt think fenders could do that kind of distortion!
maybe ill let him know about the thread

EDit: I WIN!!! lol

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by TimmyPage06
It's not... it doesnt look anything the same as a Cyber twin..

i think it does... but if we had a picture of one on with all its lights it would help immensly.

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
Heh, I was going by the video floating around with him giving some people a tour of his rig.

I hear there's little difference between Dual and Triple Rectos anyway.

Yeah, it doesn't look like the cyber se, but maybe I can find a picture of one on ebay lit up and what not to see if it resembles or matches it.
Quote by sg-rocker173
Heh, I was going by the video floating around with him giving some people a tour of his rig.

I hear there's little difference between Dual and Triple Rectos anyway.

Yeah, it doesn't look like the cyber se, but maybe I can find a picture of one on ebay lit up and what not to see if it resembles or matches it.

There's one of those at a guitar store near me; it said CyberTwin on the tag.

Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
+1. Hes used Triple Rectos for a long time now. But I didnt know he used a an Uberschall also...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WlFoVeHnTs8&search=Tremonti%20Rig

His amps appear at around 3:00 into the video.
Uberschall is introduced at 3:27 into the video.
Last edited by Refixer at Jun 25, 2006,
^Yeah, I just checked out some pictures on ebay. The ones I found on random auctions look MUCH more similar to the amp in the video than the pictures on the Fender site do.

Have you played the amp? Would this amp be good in a band situation? I'm using a cube 60 now paired with a trashy epi SG special. I'm looking for a new amp + guitar. Next purchase is going to be either a PRS SE Custom or Ibanez SZ520+ Series, and then I'm shooting for either a used JCM800 212, or something very similar, possibly a Traynor YCV50. I might fork out the money for that Cyber Twin if it's a nice gig capable amp with nice tube tone.
Quote by sg-rocker173
^Yeah, I just checked out some pictures on ebay. The ones I found on random auctions look MUCH more similar to the amp in the video than the pictures on the Fender site do.

Have you played the amp? Would this amp be good in a band situation? I'm using a cube 60 now paired with a trashy epi SG special. I'm looking for a new amp + guitar. Next purchase is going to be either a PRS SE Custom or Ibanez SZ520+ Series, and then I'm shooting for either a used JCM800 212, or something very similar, possibly a Traynor YCV50. I might fork out the money for that Cyber Twin if it's a nice gig capable amp with nice tube tone.

Never tried it; just saw it. I was already in the middle of a purchase when it caught my eye. Its also a hybrid amp with built in FX, a full-tube amp with no built in FX will be much better IMO.
Right, I was thinking the full tube amp would be considerably better. I'll probably take a trip up to GC sometime soon to test out some amps that'll give me that sound I'm looking for.