I did have another thread but i thought id delete it and satrt one with a bit more info. For those who didn' read my last thread im after a new amp. Just saving at the moment though, but want to choose an amp to works towards. I play classic rock to heavy rock, a little blues and a littl metal
Some amps that ive looked at are

Peavey valveking 212 combo- $1300aud
peavey xxx super 40 -$?
traynor custom blue- $1600aud
Marshall dsl401 - $1500aud
some hughes and ketner
some vox

I was wondering if you could maybe name some specific hughes and ketner models to look at and also the vox. Or if there are any other models list them. im just after peoples opions and experiences with these amps, and also how versatile they are>
I'd say forget the hughes and kettner head models.... they're pricey as... great sound but yeah, much more expensive than the amps you've listed. like 2900 aud for just the head. are you after a combo or what?
Quote by jake1thru2
Krank Krankenstein 100W Tube Guitar Head

not exactly a classic rock head but a good amp
I prefer a combo as it woul;d be esaier to cart around. But if there was a half stack or something along the same prices i may consider, but i dont really see the need for it.
i'd say the marshall.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Just tried the DSL 401 a while ago. The OD1 was nice, the OD2 was a little "meh" IMO
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by goingcrazy
look into the vox ac30 and the hughes and kettner 20th edition tube

for heavy rock and metal? haha

an AC30 is not terrible for metal and heavy rock but if you're spending that much then get somthing else

I LOVE the AC30 but mostly for rock and alternative (it shines when its just barely breaking up, which isnt what he's looking for)

Maybe get a marshall JCM800 for that type of music
Last edited by JET116 at Jun 25, 2006,
^The AC30 for metal? Eh? Um, not really.

Marshall JCM800, DSL, Peavey 5150/6505, JSX, XXX, Laney GH50L, GH100L, VH100R.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
VH100R FTW!

Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile