Yes I know I sound like the hugest n00b. But....

With a metronome and playing scale u hit a not every click

Two times a click 3? 4?

Not sure why that conufses me but it does

thx in advance
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
depends on what the time signature is...your question isnt worded very clearly
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
2003 American Fender Stratocaster
2005 Schechter C-1 Blackjack
'62 Fender Twin Reverb
Marshall JCM800
2002 Fender Fretless Jazzbass
CryBaby Wah
Line 6 POD XT Live

"My student SLEPT with your honor student"
w

t

f

r u talking about, honestly
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
ok

click..................................click...................................click
note.................................note....................................note
OR
note...note...note...note...note..note..note..note..note..note
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
you usually play one note per time interval on a specific speed.. but variations could include 2 notes, half notes, eight notes per click so have fun with it and stay on time....
The metronome will probably be playing quarter notes. (I'ma gonna use [ ] to denote the metronome clicks, k?) So in 4/4 time the metronome is going [1] [2] [3] [4]. If you wanted to play the scale in sixteenth notes then you'd have to play 4 notes per beat, [1] 2 3 4 [2] 2 3 4 [3] 2 3 4 [4] 2 3 4. I hope that helped. You should be setting the metronome to a low bpm and playing eigth or sixteenth notes over it instead of playing quarter notes at a rediculous bpm.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
one note per click is a whole note
two notes per click is a half note
3 is uneven
4 is a quarter note
8 is a eigth note
16 is a 16th note
32 = 32nd note
64 = 64th note