I'm trying to learn how to play Layla by eric clapton is a power chord the same thing as an major chord? I don't think so I need to know how to play a D p/c a C p/c and a B flat and how to rearticulate back to a G. I need to know how to play the first part of it.
Thanks
I dont know what the p's mean but when chords are like that it just means to use the root note of the first one (i think) and the rest just regular...
A power chord is 5th of the root chord- that is G5, A5, C5- Its not the whole chord but the main part
How come everything today has involved things either coming in or going out of my ass?
if u want the intro just look it up under the tabs section

ADUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRR!
How come everything today has involved things either coming in or going out of my ass?
a power chord is a 5th, not a major chord. you can't just play open chords for those.
also, i don't think the tab you're looking at is all that good. Layla doesnt have powerchords.
the base progression chords are D minor to C major to B flat back to C Major, thats the Intro/Chorus/Outro riff, play the D minor as a unbarred chord first time around, and then the rest as a bar chord NOT power chords, its blues, not metal
Quote by Half_Mast
a power chord is a 5th, not a major chord. you can't just play open chords for those.
also, i don't think the tab you're looking at is all that good. Layla doesnt have powerchords.

the acoustic version of layla has powerchords, and i believe that is what he is talking about

if you dont believe me watch it on youtube
Quote by Half_Mast

could be wrong but a lot of the tabs ive seen have power chords after the first time the riff is played.