I have owned three amps and have tried lots of other ones but i can never really find the sound i want. I always wanted a sound like Dimebags but mainly when he made Reinventing the Steel. I loved that low crunch he had. Well i went to a friends house and i didn't feel like lugging my amp over so i just used his bass amp and i loved it. I had the perfect tone i wanted. I did have to turn the bass down on the EQ but other than that it was perfect. Does anybody think playing a bass amp for a guitar would be weird?

Also i always wanted to try a Randall amp (the brand dimebag used) but the closest store that sells Randall amps is literally 358 miles away (im not driving just to try it out). But so far using a bass amp seems to get me at least closer to the tone im looking for.

Thanks.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
I know some Metal bands have used bass amps, specifically Kyuss. They get some good tones out of it, so go for it.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
what about krank, they're supposed to have that low end crunch. or maybe mesa/boogie.

hope i can help
xxx

my rig:
-gibson les paul studio (sh4-bridge)
-peavey valve king 212
-electro-harmonix english muff'n
-roland micro cube
-digitech digidelay
-digitech grunge
-rocktron hush pedal
-fender pedal tuner
I've done it before. I played through an Ampeg amp, it sounded pretty good clean.
Never tried distortion, though. And of course, it made the guitar pretty bassy.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
I used to use my Crate Bass amp with a distortion pedal when i first switched from bass to guitar...well not really swicthed but expanded to would be the word since i still rock the bass too..but anyway yeah i like the way my bass amp sounds too when a metal master is plugged into it. It has a unique sound to it but i still pefer to use my peavey head though. As for wierd not really, it would just have alot more chunk to it.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
I know this guy around Hollywood that owns a music shop (to which he get's REALLY GOOD BUSINESS MIGHT I ADD) that swears that he can nail the Randy Rhoads sound with usin a Marshall JMP Super Bass 100 watt amp. He really went into depth on how to get the tone and all, but ahh, you people probably can care less.

too quickly add, alot of local indie bands around my town (Los Angeles) have used bass amps because they like the warm sound.
Well I play my guitar through a Hartke amp. Isn't that a bass amp? Although not very good with a clean sound.
Quote by Feedback11
what about krank, they're supposed to have that low end crunch. or maybe mesa/boogie.

hope i can help

What about NO.
true that
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Yeah Josh Homme from Kyuss used (and still does with Queens of the Stone Age) Ampeg bass amps. I use a bass amp and it sounds kickass. It sounds so much better scooped than a guitar amp, and you can still get all the other sounds your after if you have a good EQ on it.
^your gay.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
your gay butt****ing tendancies how the hell do i know?
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Well you said it so I assumed you were going to carry on in another post or something.
well that was just you being gay.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel