iv always wondered how a bass player can jump into a song and play with the guitar, iv always wondered how and i wanted some tips on how to do it. like start playing with the drums or somthing. to make it sound cool. if i could get some tips on that it would be nice. thanks!!

You just have to "feel" it.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
Practice improvising abit? i dont know any scales or anything like that at all, but i'm pretty good at it. Like Beleuchtung said, you have to feel it and go with the flow, dont pause to think whatever you do. Having good finger control helps too (so you dont slip up and so you hit the right notes) , so practice alot.
Last edited by Inahrima at Jun 26, 2006,
My favorite way is just a classy slide all the way down the E string, jumping right into the riff. You could also walk down a scale (Start on the high note, end low).
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
you really just have to feel the music. its hard to explain, and harder to do. usually you just let yourself go and your fingers do the music rather than your mind. sometimes sounds a bit...random
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
It's really hard, but once you figure it out, it's definitely one of the coolest feelings you'll ever have. I usually watch my guitarist as close as i can, and sometimes let him go through the progression at least once, and then kick in with a slide or something so i find the right fret.