im thinking of buying a CHEAP distortion pedal and the Behringer UD100 has caught my attention. Its AU$40 and is what i believe would be a good buy.

does anyone know if this is a good choice or should i go for a better known brand?

thanks
Hmm, look for a used Boss DS-1, good beginner distortion pedals.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Aussie boy
im thinking of buying a CHEAP distortion pedal and the Behringer UD100 has caught my attention. Its AU$40 and is what i believe would be a good buy.

does anyone know if this is a good choice or should i go for a better known brand?

thanks

those things are pretty ****e, if your looking for a good distortion pedal then get either a ds-2 or mt-2.

Mt-2 is more for metal hence the name, and ds-2 is good for lighter metal and lots of rock/ hard rock/punk.
My gear:
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E
Schecter Damien 6
BOSS GT-8 Multi FX
BOSS MT-2
it is hard to tell, what sound are you looking for? If you want a sound of a certain band you can forget about getting the tone out of cheap pedal (be it behringer or other).
But if you are looking for a certain sound, don't ask us. You know what you like..
But I can tell you regardless of what people say, it is quite a good buy. With a blood-sweating effort you can find a decent sound in that pedal. Maybe. Matbe not.
The only good Behringer pedals are their compressor/sustainer pedal and the lovely 7-band EQ pedal. The rest are real budget jobs, passable but not great. I'd look for a used Boss DS-1, Ibanez DS7 or TS7.
Danelectro has a plethora of dirt boxes, some good, some not so good. Check them out.