when i get this guitar im not exactly what pickups i should change it too i've been recommended Dimarzio PAF Pro's.
I play mostly rock and punk rock like the offspring and blink 182 so what pickups should i get for it.
Last edited by Shredlet at Jun 26, 2006,
^The guitar is HSH.

I'd say go for the PAF Pros if you like em, but really for punk, the stock pickups will do just fine, considering that the sound of a punk rocker's guitar usually comes almost exclusively from his amp.

What kind of amp are you running the guitar through?
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Nope but i wont be getting the guitar any time soon im gonna get a peavey transtube special 212.
Quote by Shredlet
Nope but i wont be getting the guitar any time soon im gonna get a peavey transtube special 212.

hmmmm... what type of music do you play
^Punk rock, according to the first post.

The Transtube is a pretty good amp for punk cause it has a nice dirty modern gain channel, and the cleans are really clean (ie. no "tubish" kinda overdrive, which is often needed for modern rock cleans).

It's also loud enough for jamming with a pretty big band, and it's not a pain to carry around like some amps.

What other amps have you looked at/tried out?

EDIT: Hey, since you're a fan of the Offspring, have you tried out the Noodles Sig RG? From what I've heard about it, it's got a nice dirty sound to it, along with the feel of a sleek RG.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Last edited by Kutanmoogle at Jun 27, 2006,
The Noodles sig isn't an RG FYI. The duct tape finish is ugly IMO but if you like it go on by all means. I think Ibanez are offering it in an alt finish for 2006.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!