Right well as you can see I'm getting my Ibanez SA260FM Lefty this Friday, and it has a SAT 30 Tremolo...

I'm just wondering if this is like a vintage trem, or a floating trem or what (Please forgive my lack of knowledge as it is my first electric)...I tried it and it holds tune reasonably well but i never tried to raise the pitch of notes, and thats what I'm wondering about, if it is possible to do so....

Also, just something i'm curious about, at the end of the Enter Sandman solo, and also at the start of Flying In A Blue Dream, Kirk and Satch kinda hit the whammy bar....you know what I mean, is it possible to do this on a non-locking system?

Thanks
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
It's an Ibanez vintage trem, but not exactly. You'll know what I mean when you get it. You could turn up the tension to make it floating and possibly raise the pitch by a semitone or so.

Someone else will answer the Kirk and Satriani question. (BTW both Satch and Satriani use a Floyd Rose, if you're gonna be playing this stuff then you should have invested in a guitar with a floyd rose)
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
I'm gonna save up and get an RG1570 (Which has an Edge Pro, the exact bridge that Satch uses) next year, but for now the SA is a good guitar for me, and its about as much as I can afford....

As for the hitting the bar, its not a heavy bar use that would reuire a FR in my opinion, but I could be wrong...
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

Throughout Flying in a Blue Dream, Satch does divebombs and small pitch raises that you can only really get a FR.

The SA bridge won't be able to dive down that far and smoothly, let alone do it without putting the guitar out of tune.

Otherwise, the SA isn't a bad guitar; it's an alright beginner-intermediate guitar, and definitely a good first electric.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Yeah, you sound like you know what you're doing. Good for you The RG1570 is a great, great guitar and good for your style of music.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
haha, thanks...you know someone said that about me before..."You sound like you know what your doing" it seems to follow me around

But anyways back on topic, Kutanmoogle thats not what I'm talking about....its at the start after the feedback he starts tapping the bar to fluctuate the pitch, lots of people do it, if your a fan of Metallica, then you should know what I mean about the end of the Sandman solo, anyways thanks for your help
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

ah yea, the harmonic thing at the beginning

What satch does there with his tremolo really requires the looseness of an Edge Pro.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
ok thats all I wanted to know, thanks
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby