Does anyone have the Line 6 Spider II 112 75 watt amp ? Or atleast tried it out? If so, do you recommend it for a guitarist who plays mostly 80's thrash metal and some Jimi Hendrix ? I checked online and it has 12 different sounds programmed in so that sounds sweet.

Thanks!
No chance you'll get a Hendrix sound!

Personally, they sound like crap, but I suppose they'd be alright practice amps for metal.

Look into a Roland Cube 30.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Gah. depends how much you want to spend. i have a spider and it can soud digitally, but it works for me lovely, but anyhow hendrix and 80s thrash...perhaps a marshall? avoiding the MG series, althoguh if you want cheaper as much as i don't like the amp, the Roland cube would probably work.
Well, no Hendrix sound... but mine is pretty cool for metal at insane setting and has some fun effects to mess around with.
yeah i'd save for a decent marshall combo or something
personally... i hate the line 6 spiders and think you don't need half of whats on there and it sounds/... like craig said... really digital
^By that I hope you mean a Marshall valve combo? *prods knife near you*
Don't be afraid to care"

wot u meen? Im ben playin 2 munths & da MG iz da bestest amp Iv EVR herd!!!11!1!1111

i rly git dat Metllica/Trivium/UB40/Tom Petty/London Simfiny Orkestra sound Iv ben lukin 4!!!!!111!1111!!
Hi, I'm Peter
Thanks for the head's up...any idea what kind of Marshall?? I'll have about 300-400$ to spend.
Nix the $300-400 Marshall idea. Just don't do it. For the love of God and the ears of the people listening to you, DON'T DO IT. Roland Cube would be great for what you're looking for. Even better would be finding a cheap used tube amp and then getting an overdrive or distortion pedal to accompany it. Tube amps = the guitarist's El Dorado. Marshall MGs/AVTs are a pox.
Hi, I'm Peter
^Hmm, I doubt you'll find anything decent for that price, how much do used JCM900 combos go for on the bay?

And look for some used valve combos.
Don't be afraid to care"

I have this amp. Its not a bad amp for a metal tone but overall theres deffinitely better amps.
ok i have a line 6 spider 2 so here is the downlow:
sounds very digital yes so if you want good metal tone it has it. they effects are mostly all clear and but it lacks tone and tweaking ability. good for practice with a band however i would recomend a halfstack line 6 if anything
captain bunker
The Spider II has some of the worst metal tones I've ever heard. Don't be fooled by its multiple channels or flashy lights. There's maybe two decent metal tones in it, and the effects are all awful. Plus there's no contour, just a gain knob. I can't recommend a better amp, but I can tell you the Spider II is a bad choice.
The spider II is probably one of the worst amps ive heard. It sounds awfully digital and unorganic. I'd probably recomend a Vox Valvetronix and a nice pedal so you can do the metal stuff. Maybe a pignose G40V? I dont know, but dont rely on stuff that you hear on the internet, go out and play some junk and see what you like best.
Quote by o_effing_plud
The spider II is probably one of the worst amps ive heard. It sounds awfully digital and unorganic. I'd probably recomend a Vox Valvetronix and a nice pedal so you can do the metal stuff. Maybe a pignose G40V? I dont know, but dont rely on stuff that you hear on the internet, go out and play some junk and see what you like best.

I speak from experience here, as a fellow metalhead with a Vox Valvetronix, that distortion pedals do not work well with the Valvetronix series.

They're modeling amps, so they suck tone before they process the signal to get the best possible models. This also means they suck the tone of any tone-altering pedals in the chain. I've tried my Metal Zone on my Valvetronix, and it didn't sound nearly as good as it did on even a crappy Fender Frontman.

Get a Roland Cube 30; those are good for metal.
I would recommend steering clear from any Spider. They make decent practice amps for someone that wants a small amp for bedroom practice, but that's the end of it. In a band / gig situation where the volume needs to be turned up, the Spider pretty much falls apart. The only marginally-acceptable tone deteriorates significantly (to the point of uselessness) with the volume turned past 4. And for recording, it sounds like digital fuzz, which also makes it useless.

If you want a nice, loud amp for metal in that price range, look into a Peavey Bandit. It's got great tonal variety (2 clean tones, 3 distorted), 80W of CLEAN power, and all the bells and whistles you could ask for from an amp at any price range.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
get either the roland cube 30 or 60 they have decent effects on them as well as a real nice r-fier setting which sounds quite convincing and trust me 60w is loud enuff even 30w if u just wanting the occasional jam.
I dunno yet, i'm still looking around...i havn't been to my local music store in a while now...about 2 weeks and they tend to carry marshall and fender amps mostly...and fender isin't really a metal amp...

What i'm really looking for is something good enough to jam with a band in like a garage or something...so basically a 75 watt amp.

I'm still open for suggestions
^You don't really need 75 watts SS, a 30 watt valve combo would do.
Don't be afraid to care"

To jam with a band, a 50W SS amp should be the bare minimum. 75-120W SS is ideal.

A 30W tube amp is about as loud as a 75-100W ss amp.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
if you get a line 6, make sure you have some pedals to run before it. i use a chorus pedal with the depth and rate knobs at zero, and it gives me some tone. i also use a fuzz pedal, which also helps give it tone. it sounds digital, but the metal is good. i can get a hendrixish sound out of it if you know how to operate it and you have the amp at the right settings.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
If I may suggest...Carvin makes good amps. There SX200 runs about 300 and has a good quality tube tone IMO. It takes on 2 12inch speakers and put out about 100W. I dont know if its what your looking for...But its a real nice amp for practice. Or maybe if you looking for something bigger check out the SX300. Its got the real tone to the bone if you wanna play metal. 3 channels offering quite a variety of tone and it has the smart-effects setting for total tonal and cool effects to play around with. and its about 370.
MY gear:
Ibanez Jetking II
Ibanez Acustic
Kustom lead III 2x12
Big muff Pi
Dunlop Original Crybaby
i can get a hendrixish sound out of it if you know how to operate it and you have the amp at the right settings.
how do u get the hendrixish sound out of it. Ive been trying to figure it out for a while
Quote by electricblues
If I may suggest...Carvin makes good amps. There SX200 runs about 300 and has a good quality tube tone IMO. It takes on 2 12inch speakers and put out about 100W. I dont know if its what your looking for...But its a real nice amp for practice. Or maybe if you looking for something bigger check out the SX300. Its got the real tone to the bone if you wanna play metal. 3 channels offering quite a variety of tone and it has the smart-effects setting for total tonal and cool effects to play around with. and its about 370.

Arent they solid state??
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
bull crap, i have the spider II 75 watt, and it sounds freakin amazing. Ive been able to get tones from metalica to clapton on it. Its so versitile and sweet. Ive played shows and i think it sounds its best turned up alot. so all you line 6 hating dick wads shut up.
Have you ever tried a variety off amps?
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
If you like it then there's no problem, but have you played higher end amps for reference?
Don't be afraid to care"

yea, i have. I plaed my friends 100 wat marshal. and ive plaedy a friends 50 watt beringer head and cab. If i where to buy a diffrnet amp i would deffently get a Krank Revolution.