The Lemon Song
I Can't quit you Baby
Travelling Riverside BLues
WHen The Levee Breaks

can't think of others:
Quote by Frank Zappa
Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"
FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"

92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music post
Thanks
Quote by Frank Zappa
Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"
FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"

92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music post
*Cough* Stolen *Cough*
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
*yawn* save it for the n00bs in CR.

Like yourself?
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

They also stole "You Shook Me" and "You Need Love" from Willie Dixon and "Killing Floor" from Howlin' Wolf.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Isn't Travellin' Riverside blues, or did they manage to gather up enough talent to make their own blues song
Ok so what we learned today is that they can't write their own songs, only steal them.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
I knew what this would turn into the very second i saw the title, lol. "Since I Been Lovin' You" is a cool minor blues song, but im pretty sure they wrote that.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Bring It On Home.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Last edited by Kartman at Jun 27, 2006,
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
How the **** did I know?

Pfft, it was just asking to be brought up.
Quote by CornLord

Quote by TNfootballfan62
I knew what this would turn into the very second i saw the title, lol. "Since I Been Lovin' You" is a cool minor blues song, but im pretty sure they wrote that.

I'm fairly sure that they didn't, can't remember who wrote it originally though
Stealing? So then every blues artist is a thief, since half of a blues cd usually consists of standards and covers? Led Zep were just very influenced by this music and they wanted to shape it to their own tastes. Just like EVERY BLUES ARTISTS DOES! Even if they changed lyrics... so what? All aspects of music are open to free interpretation.

It's not like this is some band of no-talent hacks. This is LED F'N ZEPPELIN you're talking about. Dont even act like they needed to steal anything. This argument is old news.

And Derigiberble, you're not funny. You never have been. You never will be.
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
Stealing? So then every blues artist is a thief, since half of a blues cd usually consists of standards and covers? Led Zep were just very influenced by this music and they wanted to shape it to their own tastes. Just like EVERY BLUES ARTISTS DOES! Even if they changed lyrics... so what? All aspects of music are open to free interpretation.

It's not like this is some band of no-talent hacks. This is LED F'N ZEPPELIN you're talking about. Dont even act like they needed to steal anything. This argument is old news.

Blues artists would often cover blues standards with the real author's name creditted to it. Led Zeppelin tooke songs ("You Shook Me," "Killin' Floor" etc.) and creditted themselves, well Jimmy Page for the most part. If you look at the song "Dazed and Confused" and see that it's creditted to Jimmy Page then listen to "I'm Confused" by Jake Holmes and you'd have to be an idiot to see it's not stolen.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
There are lots of politics involved in the record industry. There was a time when artists couldnt even get credit for playing on eachother's albums. Seriously, you werent even allowed to mention anything on the record sleeve (Clapton played many guitar solos on George Harrison's debut album, but the record company wouldnt allow his name anywhere on the album).

My point is that it may not have been their choice to give false credit to themselves. The music industry is a very shady and controlling force, even more so back then... when the artists had very little control of these things. Just something to consider
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
My point is that it may not have been their choice to give false credit to themselves. The music industry is a very shady and controlling force, even more so back then... when the artists had very little control of these things. Just something to consider

Its well believed that Atlantic are mostly responsible for discrediting the artists Zeppelin covered, and it's worth noting, noe of the songs are straight covers, there is always there own additions to them.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by Prophet of Page
Its well believed that Atlantic are mostly responsible for discrediting the artists Zeppelin covered, and it's worth noting, noe of the songs are straight covers, there is always there own additions to them.

Rubbish, explain then how on Physical Graffitti theres an "original" song (according to the Inlay Print) called "In My Time Of Dieing" the same IMTOD that Bob Dylan covered in 1962, and yet Physical Graffiti was released on Swan Song I believe, Page's personal record label.

And there were plenty of straight "covers", Black Mountain Side being a perfect example where Page actually just left a chunk of the song out and played the chorus over and over again because he couldn't handle the verse part.

That's like saying if I take the Smoke From the Water riff, put it in a different key and slow it down Im not plagiarising.

That's just stupid.

Quote by SuburbanCowboy

Oh shit, you know you're talking to the OFFICIAL Classic Rock forums funniest user bitch? Why don't you take your head out your arse, lick the crap of your nose, than get a tissue and wipe up the remains of the verbal diarrhoea off your lips.
Quote by CornLord

Last edited by Derigiberble at Jun 29, 2006,
Quote by Prophet of Page

For the most part, yes, but there were times, such as what Derigeberble mention, where albums under Swan Song were still given credit wrongfully to Led Zeppelin.
You still can't argue that Jimmy Page is a bad guitar player. Check out the Yardbirds. He may be sloppy, but he's still very good.
Quote by MastaBassist10
You still can't argue that Jimmy Page is a bad guitar player. Check out the Yardbirds. He may be sloppy, but he's still very good.

Jimmy Page was the worst of their lead guitarists. After Beck left they didn't really do anything too good.
Derigiberble, excellent points, sir.

I also agree with ufossuck. I like zep and Page, but he is probably the 3rd best guitar player of the yardbirds.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by Derigiberble

Oh shit, you know you're talking to the OFFICIAL Classic Rock forums funniest user bitch? Why don't you take your head out your arse, lick the crap of your nose, than get a tissue and wipe up the remains of the verbal diarrhoea off your lips.

See what I mean? That's not funny.... at all.
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
See what I mean? That's not funny.... at all.

Quote by CornLord

Hats off to roy harper.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by Derigiberble
Rubbish, explain then how on Physical Graffitti theres an "original" song (according to the Inlay Print) called "In My Time Of Dieing" the same IMTOD that Bob Dylan covered in 1962, and yet Physical Graffiti was released on Swan Song I believe, Page's personal record label.

And there were plenty of straight "covers", Black Mountain Side being a perfect example where Page actually just left a chunk of the song out and played the chorus over and over again because he couldn't handle the verse part.

That's like saying if I take the Smoke From the Water riff, put it in a different key and slow it down Im not plagiarising.

That's just stupid.

have you even heard the original imtod? the way zep changed it....genius...same with when the levee breaksthe only thing they used that wasn't theirs was the lyrics. their instumentals are original and genius
Quote by heaven's gate
have you even heard the original imtod? the way zep changed it....genius...same with when the levee breaksthe only thing they used that wasn't theirs was the lyrics. their instumentals are original and genius

There's no originality or genius in it. The music is poor at best and the songs are blatant rips. The point of the matter doesn't lie on the quality of Zeps songs, but the fact that they claimed to have written songs which were written by other people. No matter how much they changed the song, they still didn't write it. End of argument.
Quote by CornLord

Quote by Derigiberble
There's no originality or genius in it. The music is poor at best and the songs are blatant rips. The point of the matter doesn't lie on the quality of Zeps songs, but the fact that they claimed to have written songs which were written by other people. No matter how much they changed the song, they still didn't write it. End of argument.

read my post again jackass. they only took the LYRICS, the instrumentation, which is original, is excellent, if you don't think that, you're musically retarded
^^^Either musically retarded, or has his own opinion.....

EDIT: And it's true that this thread is way off topic and no longer belongs here.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at Jul 2, 2006,
Quote by heaven's gate
read my post again jackass. they only took the LYRICS, the instrumentation, which is original, is excellent, if you don't think that, you're musically retarded

And if you read my posts, "Jackass", you'd see that as to some extent I agree with you, a large amount of the time the instrumentation wasn't original. Not that it matters anyway, like I said, it's still theft. And you can't possibly say they ONLY took the lyrics, otherwise you clearly have never heard 90% of the original songs of which they stole from.
Quote by CornLord