right im into a number of different stuff ranging from incubus to ac dc to metallica and trivium, my budget is £200-300 so im looking for a solid state amp around 50 watts

i've heard a lot about vox ad's and roland cubes but are modelling amps any good? should i be looking at other amps like peaveys or anything else?

cheers for the help
For the stuff you want, definately look at a Roland Cube, maybe a Vox too, but they're more orientated for lighter stuff, but can do heavier.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
not a valvetronix, it has 11 amp models, the clear ones can be overdriven by the tube pre-amp, the overdriven/distorted channels Sound great on there own, very versatile ,
no modeling! at least not at your price range. i got a freakishly good deal on my line 6, but its barely worth it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
dude, 200-300 quid is like 400-600USD. you guys should pay more attention to the currency. he could probably get a pretty good lany, (GH50?) for that much.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
oh...I new that!! i was just testing you , man that widens his Amp range Allot,
Last edited by Spade1 at Jun 26, 2006,
ya you can get a decent tube amp for that (mostly used) laney GH50 like derek said or maybe a Peavey Valveking, the laney would probably be better though

EDIT: forgot peaveys are way the f*ck overpriced overseas
Last edited by Teleprompters at Jun 26, 2006,
^ no, the peavey will be twice what it's worth in th UK. laney's go for great prices over there.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

ive been looking at your suggestions and a GH50 looks out of the question cos im looking for a combo amp. the valveking is in my price range ive found it online for £279. has anyone heard good things about this amp?
^ i know there are a few higher gain laney combos. although i don't recal the model. it might be TT50.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565