I am currently facing a life-changing and immensely important decision, in which I am calling on anyone to save me! This is an age-old predicament, even older than good vs evil. It is of course the obvious queston....

Which guitar to get?

I like both of these

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=858
http://www.rondomusic.net/al-2800blueq.html

I'll have to pay about £50 more for the agile (shipping to the UK) but that's not really much of an issue for me right now. Opinions, anyone?
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Definetaly go with the Agile since Agiles are better than every low end, non-Elitist Epiphone. The Elitist series of Epiphone are damn nice, but are expensive, around a grand or more in USD.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
i'd personaly go for the agile cuz im getting a al-3000 soon!!
Setup:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-Top
Crap GK strat
Vox Valvetronix 15 watt
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
Boss DS-1
goin with the lp
Quote by blinnk16
Thanks epacers, that was a load of help.

Quote by gnarly_
I respect you man...Your going on my people who dont suck list...
Quote by Nightmare_xxx
I am currently facing a life-changing and immensely important decision, in which I am calling on anyone to save me! This is an age-old predicament, even older than good vs evil. It is of course the obvious queston....

Which guitar to get?

I like both of these

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=858
http://www.rondomusic.net/al-2800blueq.html

I'll have to pay about £50 more for the agile (shipping to the UK) but that's not really much of an issue for me right now. Opinions, anyone?

Hello mate,

I have been looking at the same guitars and I am leaning towards the Agile as they have good reviews and they are cheap but I am not to sure about importing from the states? So if you go ahead with it, let me know how you get on?
XD that epi is the most disgraceful thing epiphone or gibson has ever put out! I'd rather play a squier than that.
Dickless.
will do, thing is I have to pay about $75 shipping plus 17.5% VAT on the cost of the guitar so I only end up adding about £30 onto that. Turns out at £235, compared to £190 (inc postage) on the Epi.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

well out of those particular two Iwould sya the Agile, persoanlly I would save up my money for longer and get a better epi LP with a set neck
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Quote by fwibble
well out of those particular two Iwould sya the Agile, persoanlly I would save up my money for longer and get a better epi LP with a set neck

If your going for an epi LP, you would need to get a standard a standard or above, but the standards are not as good as the Agile you are looking at.
Since it's a life-changing and immensely important decision, I'd say go for the one that gives you the warm fuzzies.

Other than the binding/cap getting unglued on my 3000M, it hasn't really disappointed. It's the ideal weapon for practice when your other guitarist is a spaz and can't play unless he's jumping around.

As far as the Epi, don't freak on the mahogany/alder + bucker combo ... lots of folks are happy with alder Strats and buckers, so a mahogant/alder + bucker should not be an issue. The best way to decide, as pointed out about 7.8 million times in other threads, is to audition the Epi in person.

Since you're not in the US and you're considering the Agile, your only option is to trust/believe the prevailing kudos from the UG and Harmony Central ... some from true fans/owners and some probably from schills.
Definitely go for the Agile for several reasons:

1) It is made out better wood. The LP-100 uses an Alder/Mahogany combo, which will not produce the correct Les Paul-ish tone. Les Pauls utilize mahogany with (sometimes with maple caps to provide flames and quilts, as you get with the Agile) which provide its distinct tone.

2) The LP-100 uses a bolt-on neck, which is not the standard Les Paul build. It will change the tone dramatically. The Agile on the other hand uses the correct set-in style neck.

3) The hardware on the Agile is better. You also get Grover 18:1 tuners which will stay in tune at least 10 times longer than the LP-100's cheap generic ones. The nut on the LP-100 is cheap plastic whereas the Agile's is graphite- lasts longer and sounds better.

4) The frets on the Agile are hand filed while the LP-100's are machine-filed. This will decrease the chances of sharp frets or just altogether horrible frets as well.

5) The pickups on the Agile are much better than the ones on the LP-100. I actually own an Agile AL-2800 and have played an LP-100. Trust me, worlds better.

6) You will get much better sustain, tone, and reliability with the Agile due to all the reasons listed above.

Finally, if you can save up a little more, go for the AL-3000 or 3100. It's worth the upgrade. They are currently out of stock for any other finishes besides the gold top but if you e-mail Kurt (owner of rondomusic) and ask if he has any more laying around or when the next shipment will come in, he will reply in a couple hours (max a day).
blank
I don't think so, because it's still going to be about £40, unless it goes up to £50, and it seems like way too much effort to go to for little or no price difference thank anyway though
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

Quote by Nightmare_xxx
I don't think so, because it's still going to be about £40, unless it goes up to £50, and it seems like way too much effort to go to for little or no price difference thank anyway though

Your right mate. I just worked it out and it would be the same price as shipping from rondo.
Quote by elec_guitar_97
i'd personaly go for the agile cuz im getting a al-3000 soon!!

When are getting that? I want one so bad but the only one left is the goldtop! No more untill Fall Kurt said...
the agile is by far better. the epi is bolt on neck.ewwwwww. agiles are extremely high quality for their price. i was leaning towards an AL-3000 before i tried my PRS.
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
holy **** yea go with the agile i just figured u meant a standard lp dont kno y but yea thats a piece
Quote by blinnk16
Thanks epacers, that was a load of help.

Quote by gnarly_
I respect you man...Your going on my people who dont suck list...
well I e-mailed kurt and he said the al-2800 blue quilt was in stock and that it shipped in a double box, the only thing is that cases are out of stock until mid-august so it'll have to be the double box across the atlantic. the bright side of it is that FedEx are much better at handling packages as UPS.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

Quote by chaosoftheauRa
Definitely go for the Agile for several reasons:

1) It is made out better wood. The LP-100 uses an Alder/Mahogany combo, which will not produce the correct Les Paul-ish tone. Les Pauls utilize mahogany with (sometimes with maple caps to provide flames and quilts, as you get with the Agile) which provide its distinct tone.

2) The LP-100 uses a bolt-on neck, which is not the standard Les Paul build. It will change the tone dramatically. The Agile on the other hand uses the correct set-in style neck.

3) The hardware on the Agile is better. You also get Grover 18:1 tuners which will stay in tune at least 10 times longer than the LP-100's cheap generic ones. The nut on the LP-100 is cheap plastic whereas the Agile's is graphite- lasts longer and sounds better.

4) The frets on the Agile are hand filed while the LP-100's are machine-filed. This will decrease the chances of sharp frets or just altogether horrible frets as well.

5) The pickups on the Agile are much better than the ones on the LP-100. I actually own an Agile AL-2800 and have played an LP-100. Trust me, worlds better.

6) You will get much better sustain, tone, and reliability with the Agile due to all the reasons listed above.

Finally, if you can save up a little more, go for the AL-3000 or 3100. It's worth the upgrade. They are currently out of stock for any other finishes besides the gold top but if you e-mail Kurt (owner of rondomusic) and ask if he has any more laying around or when the next shipment will come in, he will reply in a couple hours (max a day).

i own an Agile 2800 and wouldnt trade it for any Epi ive ever played...there jus better guitars
id recommend a TOKAI Love Rock...and amazing les paul copy, solid mahogany...instead of the mahogonay/alder mix in the epi...the tone is a lot more crisp...
Quote by lespaul_jube
id recommend a TOKAI Love Rock...and amazing les paul copy, solid mahogany...instead of the mahogonay/alder mix in the epi...the tone is a lot more crisp...

They can be had from Canadian Ebay sellers for $485 plain top $525 flame top, $625 Custom, $679 Zakk - - for the Korean models. Very nice guitars on par with LTD EC1000s, all mahogany a step up from Epis but slightly more $.
http://www.jsdguitarshack.com/tokai_electric_guitars.html
yeah. i tihnk they're made somewhere in new jersey
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
Agile FTW!
Founder of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join

Member #6 'I <3 mids' club. PM Roc8995.

My Name is: Tony